Post-burn DVD will not play in older DVD players

Hello, I am a FNG to the forum and had a question. I am using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. After I burn the DVD, it will not play in older DVD players. The player will display “Invalid Disk” after seeking. Is there a setting that allows for a backward compatibilty?

buckaroo34me

Need more info what are the dvds you are using some older player will not work with DVD-r but will work with dvd+r look here

http://www.paladin-press.com/DVD-R.html

Depends on how old we are talking?

Check your DvD player here - http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Dependant on the age of your DvD player, Players can be picky about specific brands of media.

What brand?
Are you using DvD-R ?
Are you using DvD+R ? and if so are you booktyping it to DvD-Rom?

:cool: :cool:

Well what is the exact version of Anydvd and CloneDVD are you using? What is the model and firmware of the burner and is it booktyped to -ROM and media are you using? What is the standalone player model? Are you using -R or +R media? More details are needed to find a solution to your compatibilty problem.

Using latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Using -R DVDs. The players are between 2 and 4 years old. One of the players is a Panasonic DVD-RV26 and the suggested sites show that it works with both DVD +/-. Still will not play.

buckaroo34me

What brand of media are you using?

( [B]Players can be picky about specific brands of media.[/B])

:cool: :cool:

Maxell 16X

use this

its the best i’ve ever used

Using latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Using -R DVDs. The players are between 2 and 4 years old. One of the players is a Panasonic DVD-RV26 and the suggested sites show that it works with both DVD +/-. Still will not play.

Maxell 16X
Could simply be that a combination of burner + speed burnt + software + type of disk + dvd player = disc won’t play even though specs say it should.

I used to have a Panasonic DVD player which was bought about 4 years ago. Although it should have played all DVD+Rs using Verb X16 +Rs, burnt at any speed, with nero, on a Benq DW1650, TY03s would have no problem whereas MCC004s would not be recognised.

First suggestion would be different burn speed / software and if that doesn’t work different discs. Although many people will debate the quality of certain brands, on older players quality of the disc does not always dictate whether or not it will play. Some players simply like a certain brand / type of disc irrespective of where or by who they were made.

This link may give a little help albeit that the comments made relate to 2001 - 2003 and discs available at that time. I did notice that about half way down the comments made by ‘Barney Medunic from Other reported February 14, 2002:’ suggest Maxell -R Discs burnt on a Pioneer A03 work fine, however, back in 2002 they probably weren’t X16s!

Just one last though - if the DVD is not fully compliant older players could have problems although I’m not sure how they would report this - ‘invalid disk’?

You didn’t give a exact software version-just saying latest version doesn’t tell much. Also what is your burner and its’s firmware and what is the burn speed your using? Also is your HDD defrag prior to do burns? Are you booktyping your DVD+R to DVD-ROM if your using media and also saying maxwell 16x is the -R or +R?? Your asking for alot of help but gave very little info in return to help with your situation???

1. AnyDVD 6.1.8.4
  2. CloneDVD 2.9.1.2
  3. DVD#1 is an NU (no firmware displayed in Windows)
  4. DVD#2 Sony Dual Layer (no firmware displayed in Windows)
  5. Burn speeds at max which works fine in newer DVD
  6. DVD media is Maxell 16x +R (mistake on my part) but should work according to sites suggested
  7. No HD defrag, will try
  8. No booktyping

Apologies for not giving enough information. It’s kind of like going to the doctor and saying my knee hurts. The doc asks the relative questions otherwise I would’nt have gone. You folks have the answers but I need the relative questions in order to provide the proper info.

-Cheers

I wasn’t trying to say or imply that you didn’t have enough knowledge of the software that you were using, it’s that it helps the rest of us to identify if the software version might have conflicts or not with your other software or O/S setup. I would advise from going max speed as that is one way to get the best coasters you can burn and wasting precious media. But Anydvd should identify your burner and give its’ firmware revision?? Well try to see if their is software from manufacture site that switches your +R to -ROM for compatibility for standalone player or to be able to play on other computer. But look to switch the +R media to -ROM media booktyping from manufacture site. Forgot if I asked this before but does the source dvd play in the older players as you mentioned??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1912125]I wasn’t trying to say or imply that you didn’t have enough knowledge of the software that you were using, it’s that it helps the rest of us to identify if the software version might have conflicts or not with your other software or O/S setup. I would advise from going max speed as that is one way to get the best coasters you can burn and wasting precious media. But Anydvd should identify your burner and give its’ firmware revision?? Well try to see if their is software from manufacture site that switches your +R to -ROM for compatibility for standalone player or to be able to play on other computer. But look to switch the +R media to -ROM media booktyping from manufacture site. Forgot if I asked this before but does the source dvd play in the older players as you mentioned??[/QUOTE]

No big. I did some research on my own and spent some money trying various media brands. Turns out that my DVD player seems to be the happiest with Verbatim and Sony DVD+R. I figured it was something simple since the sites everyone provided showed that the player was on the list showing that it works. Thnx to everyone for the help.

Cheers