Post a photo you have taken

vbimport

The giant wisteria bush in my front yard is in full bloom now. Though the flowers were a bit wilted from the heat of the day, its still pretty.

I call it the Evil Bush, since it tries to murder my lawn mower every time I mow around it!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2770678]The giant wisteria bush in my front yard is in full bloom now. Though the flowers were a bit wilted from the heat of the day, its still pretty.
[/quote]'Tis quite nice. :slight_smile: Would play a mean tap dance number on my allergies, but I’d probably survive. :stuck_out_tongue:

I call it the Evil Bush, since it tries to murder my lawn mower every time I mow around it!
How, exactly?

Wisteria is really a vine, and wants to climb things. It grows little creepers out from the main branches, and these have backwards pointing sections that help hold onto anything that allows them to get a purchase and start climbing up. These little branches latch onto my mower any way they can; pulling the starter string is a favorite pastime for the Evil Bush, though in the past, on a different mower, it would grab a hold of the throttle control and turn off the machine.

One time, while trimming it with an electric trimmer that had a cord, it grabbed the cord and threw it into the blade. Of course it happened so fast I couldn’t react, so the cord got cut in two. You could hear the victory cry from the bush all around the block! For months afterwards, when I walked past, it would chortle to itself and point at me. True story.

Are you not afraid of its imminent world domination?

Luckily I live in a semi-desert. If I don’t water the Evil Bush too much, we should be safe.

Assuming it doesn’t learn how to walk, of course.

Very nice photos Kerry. :clap:

A Wisteria like that would look great in our garden. Must suggest it to the powers that be.

Suppose it should really be called Wistaria, as it was named after Caspar Wistar. Maybe it was originally and changed over time. Or as the entire genus are named Wisteria, perhaps it was more likely misspelled originally (intentionally or accidentally). Such anomalies are not unusual in taxonomy, and science in general.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2770680]
One time, while trimming it with an electric trimmer that had a cord, it grabbed the cord and threw it into the blade. Of course it happened so fast I couldn’t react, so the cord got cut in two. You could hear the victory cry from the bush all around the block! For months afterwards, when I walked past, it would chortle to itself and point at me. True story.[/QUOTE]
:eek::bigsmile:

That is a prolific plant.

One of my six cats. :clap:

More cat pictures at: http://elektronikfreak.deviantart.com/gallery/

[QUOTE=Albert;2770679]'Tis quite nice. :slight_smile: Would play a mean tap dance number on my allergies, but I’d probably survive. :p[/QUOTE]
:p:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2770681]Are you not afraid of its imminent world domination?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2770682]Luckily I live in a semi-desert. If I don’t water the Evil Bush too much, we should be safe.

Assuming it doesn’t learn how to walk, of course.[/QUOTE]

From the rest of the story here, I think I will go with Albert’s concern because the evil plant probably turns on watering all by itself when you’re not around :bigsmile:

I had to look up the name and if I translate it directly back to English, that plant is called ‘Blue Rain’ (BlÃ¥Regn) in Norway and is a garden plant only not native to the country (imported to Europe and U.S from China back in 1816 according to Wikipedia). It only lives for 50-100 years and judged by the size of your plant there’s hope you will survive it :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=BockenBruse.com;2772324]One of my six cats. :clap:

[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forum. Nice picture.

This is a combination:the sky with the incoming plane was shot around 30 seconds at F8 and ISO 400. The foreground (no cars here as it’s not a through road) was also shot at 30 seconds, but F 5.6 and ISO 1000 (other wise it would’ve been just black)

EDIT: Well…that didn’t work too well. Or was it just like totally night…yeah, it was so dark I couldn´t see anything. No, wait…it`s a shot of the CDFreaks annual orgy

Will…be…back (when I know why the upload didn´t work…max width 856 pixels jpeg: check!)

[QUOTE=deanimator;2776176]
EDIT: Well…that didn’t work too well. Or was it just like totally night…yeah, it was so dark I couldn´t see anything. No, wait…it`s a shot of the CDFreaks annual orgy

Will…be…back (when I know why the upload didn´t work…max width 856 pixels jpeg: check!)[/QUOTE]

It might be a new bug with the forum as a result of attempts to beef up security until more significant changes can be made.

Or it might be a normal bug with the forum and it would have occurred anyway.

Here we go…:iagree:
This is a combination:the sky with the incoming plane was shot around 30 seconds at F8 and ISO 400. The foreground (no cars here as it’s not a through road) was also shot at 30 seconds, but F 5.6 and ISO 1000 (other wise it would’ve been just black). PS. That´s Jupiter upper left of the middle

That one came out nice Dean

[QUOTE=marloyd;2777601]That one came out nice Dean[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir :cool:

Here’s a photo I took of the moon when we were at the Grand Canyon a few days ago.

Not exactly perfect but not too bad I thought for a bridge camera with a fixed lens.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Very nice one Wombler.

Thanks Kerry. :slight_smile:

This was the view we looked out on from our bedroom window as the hotel is literally right on the rim of the canyon.

Jaw dropping stuff!

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yep, that’s how I remember it. Went in '89, before I started using good cameras, and my snapshots all seemed a bit washed out compared to what I saw. It would have been a good place to use a polarizing filter.

Here’s one I shot a couple years ago but only just had printed. I got a Groupon offer to have a 16 X 20 photo printed on glass and here it is. This photo of the print doesn’t do the depth and sharpness of printing on glass justice.