Post a photo you have taken

vbimport

Seán , I don’t have a bird feeder these days as my outdoor cat is too good a bird hunter. I’ve been planning to build a metal pole one that I can raise & lower a perch platform of some kind on, To keep the birds out of this cats reach. I just haven’t had time.
I used to feed the birds regularly.
I still get quite a few birds in the yard but they have to be wary,
I regularly see doves but they are a different variety than the one in your picture.

[QUOTE=Albert;2747978]Dean, you have a high-res version of that you’d be willing to share?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Albert. Just spotted this. Errmmm…there´s a slightly better one here http://facebook.com/deannixonphotographer

Something a bit new for me…this is made from two shots: The upper half is with a wide angle lens and the lower with a telephoto. The idea is to present the scene however, as near to the reality as possible, but was impossible to capture with a single shot.

I guess some massive compression is gonna kinda ruin this, but you can see a better version on my public facebook page (follow the link in the earlier post)

[QUOTE=deanimator;2754790]Sorry, Albert. Just spotted this. Errmmm…there´s a slightly better one here http://facebook.com/deannixonphotographer[/QUOTE]

I’ve missed so much on your page. :doh:

Thanks for the reminder. :flower:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2754791]Something a bit new for me…this is made from two shots: The upper half is with a wide angle lens and the lower with a telephoto. The idea is to present the scene however, as near to the reality as possible, but was impossible to capture with a single shot.

I guess some massive compression is gonna kinda ruin this, but you can see a better version on my public facebook page (follow the link in the earlier post)[/QUOTE]

I saw and liked that on Facebook Dean but I didn’t realise the additional effort you’d gone to to achieve that shot.

Does the use of different types of lenses make the photos more difficult to overlay?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2754826]I saw and liked that on Facebook Dean but I didn’t realise the additional effort you’d gone to to achieve that shot.

Does the use of different types of lenses make the photos more difficult to overlay?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Not really…the dark trees on the horizon on both shots made it easier. But I had to flip the sky and layer it (50% transparency) with the lower shot to get the pink clouds and vapour-trail. In addition, I distorted the geometry a bit and brushed some small areas to increase or decrease visibility. Probably took me 4 hours :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2755651]Not really…the dark trees on the horizon on both shots made it easier. But I had to flip the sky and layer it (50% transparency) with the lower shot to get the pink clouds and vapour-trail. In addition, I distorted the geometry a bit and brushed some small areas to increase or decrease visibility. Probably took me 4 hours :)[/QUOTE]

I’m envious of your dedication to your craft. You’ve definitely mastered it. :iagree:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2755651]Not really…the dark trees on the horizon on both shots made it easier. But I had to flip the sky and layer it (50% transparency) with the lower shot to get the pink clouds and vapour-trail. In addition, I distorted the geometry a bit and brushed some small areas to increase or decrease visibility. Probably took me 4 hours :)[/QUOTE]

Very obviously worth the effort though. :cool:

[B]Wombler[/B]

A bit romantic…but hey…

Just made a trip to Niagara Falls.

[QUOTE=UTR;2761036]Just made a trip to Niagara Falls.

[/QUOTE]
:clap::clap::clap:

I love how expressive our dog, Lily, can be. I snapped this photo and have to wonder what she was thinking at the time.

[QUOTE=UTR;2766454]I love how expressive our dog, Lily, can be. I snapped this photo and have to wonder what she was thinking at the time.

[/QUOTE]

I know… Any snacks there? No it does not smell as such, I might as well stay put… :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2766455]I know… Any snacks there? No it does not smell as such, I might as well stay put… :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

That is a definite possibility since she is food motivated.

[QUOTE=UTR;2766459]That is a definite possibility since she is food motivated.[/QUOTE]

She’s thinking what the heck is he up to now.

I figured I would give the cat equal time to prevent any future accusations of favoritism.

Doggy is saying, Hay that will be 5 milkbones for taking MY picture, Sweet looking pup

A beautiful looking Kitty Kat, asking why are you invading my space

[QUOTE=thor21344;2766464]Doggy is saying, Hay that will be 5 milkbones for taking MY picture, Sweet looking pup[/QUOTE]

She is a very sweet dog. Not a mean bone in her body. The cat is sweet too but just doesn’t have the people manipulation skills the of the dog.

UTR, remember Dogs have masters, cats have servents