Post a photo you have taken

vbimport

The London iWheel…or something

[QUOTE=deanimator;2744831]The London iWheel…or something[/QUOTE]
Very nice. :clap::clap:

Love the star effect on the lights at the top.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2744836]Very nice. :clap::clap:

Love the star effect on the lights at the top.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. sir :wink:

The star effect was not added…tis a result of a particularly good lens and how many blades the aperture thingy uses. Spent a fantastic weekend alone there, just me and my camera…ended up with 32 GB of pix :cool:

Though they looked like proper ‘sunstars’.

Shame PC lenses are so expensive. Have you tried correcting the keystone distortion in Photoshop?

If my limited knowledge of London’s geography is correct, you must have had your back to parliament. Hope you dropped your trousers and showed them the respect they deserve (a full moon). :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2744838]Though they looked like proper ‘sunstars’.

Shame PC lenses are so expensive. Have you tried correcting the keystone distortion in Photoshop?

If my limited knowledge of London’s geography is correct, you must have had your back to parliament. Hope you dropped your trousers and showed them the respect they deserve (a full moon). :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Parliament was not far away to my left. I corrected the barrel distortion, but I wanted to keep the vertical perspective like that, plus added in some extra vignetting. Yeah…tons of adjustments using Adobe Camera Raw, and Lightroom and minor corrections in PS :slight_smile:

:cool:

The Palace Museum – Taken on Jan 2, 2015. It’s a really old building.

Nice photo. Just the right amount of haze. :clap:

My birthday bike ride…just the right number of kilometers (which is nobody’s business…cough)…freezing cold and a snow storm arrived a few minutes later. This is stitched from two shots taken with the bee’s knees of small cameras: The Sony RX100 MkIII

Hmmm…where´s the picture?..something not working with the upload! OK…back to your seats: 4th try and it´s there.

Very nice. :clap::clap: Where did you go for your ride?

The headlamp effect is nice - any cunning artifice involved?

Or just carefully chosen angles and suitably misty atmospheric conditions?

Dean, you have a high-res version of that you’d be willing to share?

Where’s the motor on the “bike”? :wink: :bigsmile:

Really nice shot & good fog effect on the light beam.

An inquisitive local just outside my bedroom door (taken a few years ago). Not often one gets to take wildlife portraits with what was practically a wide-angle lens.

Tip: The ibex would have run a mile if I was standing up (and have done on many occasions ;)). So when I heard them just outside the open external door I crawled across the room. Result - the two ibex had no idea what I was and actually came closer, very close! :smiley:

Suits well to your avatar.

[QUOTE=chef;2749268]Suits well to your avatar.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

The ibex in that photo and my profile picture are both females. And the horns of my avatar ‘ibex’ definitely look like a female.

Hope nobody notices. :o

[QUOTE=Ibex;2749358]Thanks.

The ibex in that photo and my profile picture are both females. And the horns of my avatar ‘ibex’ definitely look like a female.

Hope nobody notices. :o[/QUOTE]

Well, now you point it out, I suppose it’s obvious, yeah?

We’ll never notice. :disagree: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=priti9898;2752451]no photo …![/QUOTE]

go up 4 or5 post^

My rather battered feeder had an unusual visitor:

Even the Chaffinch seems a bit confused… :slight_smile:

Which bird is the unusual one ?
The dove or the small brown,white, & yellow one ?

The dove was the unusual one. I never saw a dove at any of our feeders before and just happened to be carrying my camera after photographing the confused bird.

I didn’t even realise how often birds tilt their heads about until I snapped more pictures and then had a few more confused looking birds in the view-finder:

It’s been rather wet here the past two days, so wet birds don’t look as pretty, although it was interesting to catch a shot like this: :slight_smile: