Post a photo you have taken

vbimport

I took this picture riding through Cadillac Mi. Make you to get out and walk the trails ,not!

Sunflower

This kinda thing gets a bit tricky…shooting against the setting sun: the basic image the camera will give you is not much more than a silhouette. This is why shooting in RAW and using good software to pull up the detail in the shadows is a good idea. The RAW files have about 10x as much data in them…then convert back to a jpeg or whatever.
(a bit like comparing a WAV to an MP3)

Massively compressed for the Freaks page of course…so if you wanna see it bigger and better, go to my NSA page

[QUOTE=deanimator;2737240]… go to my [B]NSA page[/B]
[/QUOTE] :bigsmile:

Very nice Dean.

I have a prejudice against high line wires in my shots though, and used to go to great lengths to avoid them whenever possible.

Another stunning photo Dean. :flower:

(Shame about the power lines & pylon.)

Moonrise over the ‘horizontal forest’…

[QUOTE=deanimator;2737240]Sunflower

This kinda thing gets a bit tricky…shooting against the setting sun: the basic image the camera will give you is not much more than a silhouette. This is why shooting in RAW and using good software to pull up the detail in the shadows is a good idea. The RAW files have about 10x as much data in them…then convert back to a jpeg or whatever.
(a bit like comparing a WAV to an MP3)

Massively compressed for the Freaks page of course…so if you wanna see it bigger and better, go to my NSA page

Some of those are hard to do but I seem to be getting a lot better at understanding the camera settings now.

Here’s a completely untouched attempt at an artistic shot that I did in full manual mode as an experiment.

Not too bad for a dabbler. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Some more photos from Sierra de Loja (taken last May)

Griffon Vulture

Órgiva, metropolis of the Alpujarras (south of the Sierra Nevada, Granada).

As featured in the book ‘Driving Over Lemons’ by Chris Stewart (who lives in the bottom of the valley, about halfway up the picture & a third from the left).

Puerto de la Ragua, a 2000m high pass in the eastern Sierra Nevada (Granada), home to Europe’s most southerly colony of Citril Finches ([I]Carduelis citronella[/I]). But I didn’t manage to get a picture of those, so here are some other locals just casually walking up the road.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2741368]Some more photos from Sierra de Loja (taken last May)

Griffon Vulture[/QUOTE]
Wow, there’s even a cool deer…err elk…impala?..GOAT! (:bigsmile:) watermark in the lower left corner. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice shots. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Albert;2741372]Wow, there’s even a cool deer…err elk…impala?..GOAT! (:bigsmile:) watermark in the lower left corner. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice shots. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Very nice country side Matthew,beautiful!

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2741382]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_ibex[/QUOTE]
Very close. :flower:

Robber fly

Looks rather like the inspiration for the imperial spy in Star Wars (here).

[QUOTE=Ibex;2741390]Robber fly

Looks rather like the inspiration for the imperial spy in Star Wars (here).
[/QUOTE]

Or how about the Movie Poster for THE FLY

[B]Wild Thyme[/B] (unidentified species)

I don’t know what species of Thyme this is, even with the aid both volumes of [I]Polunin.[/I] It grows on the hillside around the house in Spain and tastes delicious (much nicer than any commercial variety), especially with Lamb. But because it is very dry and woody it is really only edible in the spring.

The flowers and leaves are absolutely tiny. This was taken indoors using the light from my bedroom window.

It’s funny how some weeds have pretty flowers and their called weeds and the same species but bred to product more blooms are called flowers.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2743906]It’s funny how some weeds have pretty flowers and their called weeds and the same species but bred to product more blooms are called flowers.[/QUOTE]
You’re on to something there. :iagree:

Have a couple of weeds. :flower::flower:

Hey Matthew have a great Christmas

[QUOTE=Ibex;2743872][B]Wild Thyme[/B] (unidentified species). It grows on the hillside around the house in Spain and tastes delicious (much nicer than any commercial variety), especially with Lamb. But because it is very dry and woody it is really only edible in the spring. [/QUOTE]

You could make an infusion(tea) , strain it & use the liquid . Year round.

Nice photo.