Post a photo you have taken

vbimport

Wow, beautiful photos platinumsword and Deano! :clap:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Nice ones guys. I’ve not been out with the camera as much as I’d like lately. I’ll throw in a mood shot for good measure though:

I´m “home” in New Zealand, doing a bit of rediscovery on the road around the landscape. Kinda impossible to be online cos I´m travelling in an old van (and breaking down a bit too often). Here´s a quick edit form somewhere…

[B]Spotted Redshank[/B] ([I]Tringa erythropus[/I])

Taken in Spain (Cabo de Gata, Almeria) November 2004, with my first digital camera (still using the same camera).

One of my favourite waders. The plumage on this one is halfway between black breeding & silvery grey winter.

Some really nice photos there folks.

[B]@Ibex [/B]- I love it when you manage to get a fleeting shot like that as sometimes the moment you’re trying to capture hardly lasts at all. That’s the main reason I enjoy photographing wildlife as it can be such a challenge at times.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2726119]Some really nice photos there folks.

[B]@Ibex [/B]- I love it when you manage to get a fleeting shot like that as sometimes the moment you’re trying to capture hardly lasts at all. That’s the main reason I enjoy photographing wildlife as it can be such a challenge at times.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Wombler.

I remember trying to photograph a Yellow-Legged Gull nearly 20 years ago. It took off as I released the shutter. When I got the slides back from the lab the bird was blurred, but I had caught the moment it crossed its legs as they left the ground.

I had no idea they flew with their legs crossed. So I started observing them in flight and they seemed to be right- or left-legged in about the same ratio as humans (9:1).

[B]Sanderling[/B] (Calidris Alba)

Taken in May. This bird is halfway through moulting from white & grey winter into breeding plumage.

Probably my best ever wader photo. If you look closely at the tip of its bill you can see the movement as it feeds.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2726139]Thanks Wombler.

I remember trying to photograph a Yellow-Legged Gull nearly 20 years ago. It took off as I released the shutter. When I got the slides back from the lab the bird was blurred, but I had caught the moment it crossed its legs as they left the ground.

I had no idea they flew with their legs crossed. So I started observing them in flight and they seemed to be right- or left-legged in about the same ratio as humans (9:1).[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you learn more from your mistakes than getting it right first time.

I’ve taken many photos that please me intensely that I only got through persistence, after something went wrong, and I think it means more that way as you then appreciate how difficult that photo was to get.

Very nice shot of the sanderling BTW!

[B]Wombler[/B]

Cardinal :cool: outside my front window. pic was taken inside thru window

Yo JC-

Nice shot!!

What camera are you using-eh??

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2726906]Yo JC-

Nice shot!!

What camera are you using-eh??[/QUOTE]
Canon S5IS. Paid about $300.00 5 years ago

Very nice photo James!

[B]Wombler[/B]

A recent shot with the Canon 5D Mk II with the 17 - 40mm lens.
This is seriously an excellent lens…very sharp and with good contrast
(better than the standard 24 - 105mm which is a good all-round lens)
Shot at 30 seconds early in the evening…the RAW file was tweaked a bit in Lightroom and Photoshop.

(The quality is gonna be a bit crushed here by compression algorithms)

[QUOTE=deanimator;2727339]A recent shot with the Canon 5D Mk II with the 17 - 40mm lens.
This is seriously an excellent lens…very sharp and with good contrast
(better than the standard 24 - 105mm which is a good all-round lens)
Shot at 30 seconds early in the evening…the RAW file was tweaked a bit in Lightroom and Photoshop.

(The quality is gonna be a bit crushed here by compression algorithms)[/QUOTE]

Yo Deano-

[B][I]Outstanding[/I][/B] shot-eh!!

This isn’t a photo I’ve taken but maybe the best thread for it.
I just liked it.
I snapped it from a TV series western . I also rotated it to upright.
It is the reflection of the horse & rider in the water of a creek.
So it was upside down.

I have a rosey outlook today. What else do you see?

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2728699]I have a rosey outlook today. What else do you see?[/QUOTE]

A PUSSY!!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2728705]A PUSSY!!![/QUOTE]

Hoser
:stuck_out_tongue:

Yo JC-

Did I win a prize??