Post a photo you have taken

vbimport

[QUOTE=deanimator;2705348]Flight paths during a 9 minute exposure…quite impressed by their accuracy[/QUOTE]

Hey I missed that one, looks awesome BTW! :bow:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Here´s my favorite lady…name´s Black Betty

Shot with a Canon 5D MkII, 24 - 105mm zoom. Tripod. No filters

Seems that I´m shooting lotsa sunsets these days…

Just that I´m often out there for a walk with my daughter at weekends, or training on the bike somewhere late afternoons…
…anyway, this one was shot straight into the sun which is why there´s a bright ring, called “flare”.

Post-processed from the RAW file to tweak up the contrast and the color. Other than that, no tricks.

Great picture Dean.

Wow… there are some madly cool shots in here!

Early spring this year I was able to acquire my first system camera, a Canon EOS 650D (it’s EOL now). Needless to say, I have merely begun to care a bit more of the photos I take; what is in the frame, placement in the frame, timing, lighting, shapes etc etc…

I have been shooting in RAW and try to learn post processing of the images I’d like to keep. I consider myself a rookie after only half a year, but I’ve managed to pick up some good advice along the way. Here are some of my personal fav’s:

Lines and reflections by aspirant_101, on Flickr

Ups and downs by aspirant_101, on Flickr

Snakey by aspirant_101, on Flickr

Lunar1 by aspirant_101, on Flickr

Tiger by aspirant_101, on Flickr

Edit: reduced image size

Great photos, all. Dean, that ‘ring’ around a nuclear power plant - whew - for a second there, I thought - well, no, it couldn’t be. Dean wouldn’t have logged in after being blown to smithereens…

Or - ?

Heh, Christine, maybe it is a plasma-sphere to protect the plant :slight_smile:

Great shot Dean. Shots like that are like Real Estate (location, location, location). Here’s my favorite nuke shot:

Haven’t I seen that one on failblog somewhere, Ted?

I’ll throw in my very first rose shot as well today:

This is taken in nearly total darkness using a SpeedLite 430 EXII handheld and firing the flash manually with the test-button from a few different angles while the exposure was ongoing (4-5 seconds iirc).

Blomsterdebutflickr by aspirant_101, on Flickr

Regards,

[QUOTE=Tweakr;2712319]…plasma-sphere…[/QUOTE]
Say! That’d be even better than a big balloon covered in plastic! AND it glows in the dark - AND daylight.

Aren’t you in the land of the midnight radiation?

[I]“We’re changing our clocks from 24-hour time periods into Half Lives Of Atomic Particles.” [/I]

[QUOTE=Tweakr;2712346]Haven’t I seen that one on failblog somewhere, Ted?

Regards,[/QUOTE]

Might have. It’s my image and it has been on the interwebs before.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2712372]Might have. It’s my image and it has been on the interwebs before.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no matter. I enjoyed it very much, as it’s sporting a fairly high contrast, and I’m not referring to the post processing of the image :stuck_out_tongue: but rather the motif itself. Congratulations! Quite a catch :iagree:

Regards,

[QUOTE=deanimator;2712283]Seems that I´m shooting lotsa sunsets these days…

Just that I´m often out there for a walk with my daughter at weekends, or training on the bike somewhere late afternoons…
…anyway, this one was shot straight into the sun which is why there´s a bright ring, called “flare”.

Post-processed from the RAW file to tweak up the contrast and the color. Other than that, no tricks.[/QUOTE]

That’s a nice shot Deano!

I like it when people deliberately use things like lens flare for effect.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Tweakr;2712304]Wow… there are some madly cool shots in here!

Early spring this year I was able to acquire my first system camera, a Canon EOS 650D (it’s EOL now). Needless to say, I have merely begun to care a bit more of the photos I take; what is in the frame, placement in the frame, timing, lighting, shapes etc etc…

I have been shooting in RAW and try to learn post processing of the images I’d like to keep. I consider myself a rookie after only half a year, but I’ve managed to pick up some good advice along the way. Here are some of my personal fav’s:
[/QUOTE]

Those are fantastic photos Tweakr!

You have a great sense of composition which can’t easily be taught. As well as the technical skills with a camera, which is where I’m a bit lacking.

I do keep trying though. :slight_smile:

I’m getting to be exceptionally good with low light non-flash photography in museums and the like.

Here’s one I took recently in the Tower of London with no flash and very low lighting although you can’t tell that from the photo which is what I regard as a success. No cropping and no tweaks either.

Here’s a more artistic one I took going into one of the towers. I like the colours in the vines and the general shape of the shot. Again no tweaks whatsoever although the detail has suffered in both these photos resizing them for the forum.

So I do get some things mostly right. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Why, thank you very much, Wombler!

Not sure I agree with you on the composition remark. Looking back at pictures I took before March this year, they are all clearly lacking all possible presence of composition planning or other attractive features to them. I am very happy to have you confirm that it is now a skill that has developed some. :slight_smile:

As for your photo’s, I think they are very nice, and they show you have an eye for angles and lighting. I agree that you have a knack for low light scenes. I bet that photo of armour is done handheld.

What type of camera do you mainly use?

Kind regards,

[QUOTE=Tweakr;2712500]Why, thank you very much, Wombler!

Not sure I agree with you on the composition remark. Looking back at pictures I took before March this year, they are all clearly lacking all possible presence of composition planning or other attractive features to them. I am very happy to have you confirm that it is now a skill that has developed some. :slight_smile:

As for your photo’s, I think they are very nice, and they show you have an eye for angles and lighting. I agree that you have a knack for low light scenes. I bet that photo of armour is done handheld.

What type of camera do you mainly use?

Kind regards,[/QUOTE]

No, you definitely have an eye for a good photo judging by the “ups and downs” and “lines and reflections” photos.

They’re all handheld as I don’t have a tripod and probably wouldn’t be bothered lugging one around. :slight_smile:

The camera is a Canon SX40 HS which I use for everything as I only ever have one main camera. I’m still getting to grips with it, but I’m very pleased with it’s performance so far.

It’s 35x optical zoom and good low light performance were probably the key features for me.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Looks like a nice camera you have there. As soon as you get a grip on the relativity between ISO, shutter speed and aperture (if those are all configurable in any preset - like e.g. manual mode), you have come a long way. :wink:

Here’s a B/W photo for today:

bridgebearingbw by aspirant_101, on Flickr

Regards,

Today, a more snapshot-like photo.

Taken this year’s summer in southern Norway: title can be translated to Faceplant

Treskalle by aspirant_101, on Flickr

I was scrolling thru this page’s photos, Hubby flashed by and only caught a glimpse of Wombler’s Chest Armor On Stands. Then he said, “What’s that - the new Segway? Armoring the driver for higher speeds?”

Why do I ever let him wander away from the dungeon-?!! I guess I need to find a new hiding place for those manacle keys.

He seems to keep his wits still. I’d be gentle with him.