Post a photo you have taken

vbimport

^ A couple of them seem to be going the wrong way. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2696309]Shot some star trails a few nights ago…first time I tried it.[/QUOTE]
Luv it, very cool! How long was the exposure?

[QUOTE=deanimator;2696309]Shot some star trails a few nights ago…first time I tried it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ricoman;2696314]Luv it, very cool! How long was the exposure?[/QUOTE]
Long enough, I suppose…:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=ricoman;2696314]Luv it, very cool! How long was the exposure?[/QUOTE]

10 minutes

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2696312]^ A couple of them seem to be going the wrong way. :)[/QUOTE]

Got lucky as a couple of planes appeared (Main European DHL hub just 50 km behind me)

I wouldn’t have a clue how to take a photo like that. :clap:

What settings did you use on the camera?

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yo Deano-

OUTSTANDING!!!

[QUOTE=Wombler;2696745]

What settings did you use on the camera?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Tripod
Electronic cable release (a few bucks on eBay)
Canon 5D Mk II
ISO 200
Lens 24mm @f=5.6
Shutter speed 10 minutes, 15 seconds
2-stop graduated ND filter

White balance, exposure and contrast modified in Photoshop

:cool:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2696818]Tripod
Electronic cable release (a few bucks on eBay)
Canon 5D Mk II
ISO 200
Lens 24mm @f=5.6
Shutter speed 10 minutes, 15 seconds
2-stop graduated ND filter

White balance, exposure and contrast modified in Photoshop

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

If I ever get a tripod and develop terminal insomnia I might give that a go. :slight_smile:

It’s the same with early morning shots. I see some great scenes on the way into work in the morning but on my days off I’d rather get a lie in. :bigsmile:

Seriously though, I wouldn’t mind having ago at this but we’ll see what happens.

[B]Wombler[/B]

@Wombler, for that kind of shot a beanbag works pretty well to stabilize the camera. That’s what I use when I shoot fireworks.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2696976]@Wombler, for that kind of shot a beanbag works pretty well to stabilize the camera. That’s what I use when I shoot fireworks.[/QUOTE]

That’s a pretty cool tip as I wouldn’t have thought of using a bean bag for that type of shot.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2697005]That’s a pretty cool tip as I wouldn’t have thought of using a bean bag for that type of shot.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

…and you thought they were for lounging around on, eating chicken mcnuggets and watching Tellitubbies … :rolleyes:

Here´s another long exposure…12 minutes I think, a cloudy evening after sunset

Edit: the foreground is a lake with quite ripply water due to the wind…the long exposure flattens it out

[QUOTE=deanimator;2697010]…and you thought they were for lounging around on, eating chicken mcnuggets and watching Tellitubbies … :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That’s the general idea, LOL! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2698473]Here´s another long exposure…12 minutes I think, a cloudy evening after sunset

Edit: the foreground is a lake with quite ripply water due to the wind…the long exposure flattens it out[/QUOTE]

Another lovely shot with moody colours. ‘Moody Blues’ in fact. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

More long exposure stuff…30 seconds to be exact, and each made from three shots…overlapping side-by-side shots.

Needs a tripod and some good software obviously:

Beautiful shots. I was half-hoping you’d be covering the [I]Vuelta[/I] this year, or maybe you’re holding all of the victory photos for your bike rack?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2700767]Beautiful shots. I was half-hoping you’d be covering the [I]Vuelta[/I] this year, or maybe you’re holding all of the victory photos for your bike rack?[/QUOTE]

LOL…no. Messed up my knee (over-did the training, played soccer, and then climbed the Zugspitze…). So, no training or racing etc -.-
…Upside is I´m getting a bit more photography done

And hoping some of YOU GUYS will also post stuff here :iagree:

Was chatting to Mike about the low light performance of my latest camera and promised to post this.

You’ve no idea how dark this was as it was in a nocturnal animal house with a low red light and it even took my eyes a while to get accustomed to the dark.

Basically I only took this to see how far I could push things and was amazed that this even came out at all.

The animals are moving too quickly for the camera to cope with but look how sharp the girl is and it was an awful lot darker than this in real life.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Here’s another one I took of a mouse under the same conditions.

This is at ISO 1600 like the one above and the noise levels are impressively low as well.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2704360]Here’s another one I took of a mouse under the same conditions.

This is at ISO 1600 like the one above and the noise levels are impressively low as well.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Yo S-

VERY impressive - much better than you said it was IMO!!

Flight paths during a 9 minute exposure…quite impressed by their accuracy