Possible To Rip to a Single File? -DivX Author Doesn't See 982595 VOB's

Is there a way to get it so when a DVD is ripped it will create only 1 video file instead of 92059059 files? - DivX author doesn’t know what to do with all of these VOB’s. My DVD Fab extracted just the movie file today but made several parts.

Is it possible to rip to a single mkv file? Do I have to Encode Twice? eg: to get these VOBS down to a single mkv, encode them with something other than DivX author , then with that mkv, open it in DivX Author?

Also it possible to merge VOB’s into a single file?

[quote=Kung-Fu Theater;2243048]Is there a way to get it so when a DVD is ripped it will create only 1 video file instead of 92059059 files? - DivX author doesn’t know what to do with all of these VOB’s. My DVD Fab extracted just the movie file today but made several parts.

Is it possible to rip to a single mkv file? Do I have to Encode Twice? eg: to get these VOBS down to a single mkv, encode them with something other than DivX author , then with that mkv, open it in DivX Author?

Also it possible to merge VOB’s into a single file?[/quote]
Give the VOB passthrough a try as it produces 1 big VOB

Hi Kung-Fu Theater
I use DivX Author and have put a few DVD’s together with no problems, I have done
Disc 1 with Beverlly Hills Cop 1, 2 and 3 with menu
Disc 2 Terminator 1, 2 and 3 with menu

now this is the DVDFab forum so can’t give help with a DivX product but just wanted to let you know that there is no problem with the output that DVDFab produces, course I’ve never had DVDFab give me a total of 92059059 files :eek: in a rip either :confused:

Problem solved. It turns out I was only using the "Find a Video File to Import From Your Computer’ option, and wasn’t using the ‘Import Content from DVD’ option under Add Content in DivX Author, hence it wasn’t able to see/use all of the VOBS. Now it seems like it’s able to do something with all of these parts.

Yeah it wasn’t 92059059 files, that was just hyperbole because I was frustrated.

Does anyone know if there is an option in DVDFab 5 Platinum to rip to a single video file instead of parts? It’s odd/annoying that these programs insist on making parts when they rip…

Does anyone know if there is an option in DVDFab 5 Platinum to rip to a single video file instead of parts

Yes…Generic-> Profile-> Vob passthrough…

Dam! sorry about the 2x post again!..:o

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2243232]Dam! sorry about the 2x post again!..:o[/QUOTE]

Have you had your morning coffee yet :bigsmile:

Oh so that’s what GJ was talking about when he said that. I thought he was talking about some other software I had to get lawlz

EDIT: Actually I don’t see that anywhere in the rip process, or in the setting/preferences, but oh well, as long as DivX Author can assemble them all, I’m fine.

Thanks all.

Have you had your morning coffee yet

LOL…Hey SJ, actually no, I hadn’t sipped my first one yet…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2243516]LOL…Hey SJ, actually no, I hadn’t sipped my first one yet…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yeah thought so, happens to me all the time :iagree: at my age it seems to be a requirement these days for functionality :eek: purposes :bigsmile:

[quote=Kung-Fu Theater;2243330]Oh so that’s what GJ was talking about when he said that. I thought he was talking about some other software I had to get lawlz

EDIT: Actually I don’t see that anywhere in the rip process, or in the setting/preferences, but oh well, as long as DivX Author can assemble them all, I’m fine.

Thanks all.[/quote]
Sorry I should have been more clear with my help for you. Ok under DVD to Mobile-Generic. Then you click the conversion settings to the bottom right. Then at the top left you see DEVICE and then you have a dropdown which should show appletv, generic and VOB. You need to choose the VOB in that dropdown box and then click OK at the bottom. continue with the copy and should work

[QUOTE=GJ;2243737]Sorry I should have been more clear with my help for you. Ok under DVD to Mobile-Generic. Then you click the conversion settings to the bottom right. Then at the top left you see DEVICE and then you have a dropdown which should show appletv, generic and VOB. You need to choose the VOB in that dropdown box and then click OK at the bottom. continue with the copy and should work[/QUOTE]
[B]Much better [/B]:bigsmile:
sorry had to do it :stuck_out_tongue: my friend :flower:

[quote=StormJumper;2243818][B]Much better [/B]:bigsmile:
sorry had to do it :stuck_out_tongue: my friend :flower:[/quote]
Yeah, I know but now he knows how