Possible to determine if a CD is written in mode1 or 2?

vbimport

maybe?

I don’t think so because of how popular overburning is. Otherwise you would just see the size of the cd is near 800megs and presume so.

umm ok. but it’s not always gonno be 800mb, what if it has 400mb of data burned with mode 2, hehe

Nero can tell you this info: Menu -> CD-recorder -> CD-info

I think CloneCD also tells you in its log what type of data it is reading… and of course you could always look in the .ccd file to see for each track which recording mode is used.

Come to think of it: I think most recording programs are able to show you this information, it’s pretty basic information.

if its going to read the information - it must know which mode it is burned in. wouldnt it?

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
[B]Nero can tell you this info: Menu -> CD-recorder -> CD-info

I think CloneCD also tells you in its log what type of data it is reading… and of course you could always look in the .ccd file to see for each track which recording mode is used.

Come to think of it: I think most recording programs are able to show you this information, it’s pretty basic information. [/B]
well yeah it works, but now I’m having a problem. I recently (like in the last 3-4 days) burned about 25 CDs and I’m 100% that I burned most of them in mode 1. Nero says that almost all of them are in mode 2. what the heck is going on?:confused:
edit: clonecd says the same thing:( I burned these all with nero

Originally posted by MrPolite
well yeah it works, but now I’m having a problem. I recently (like in the last 3-4 days) burned about 25 CDs and I’m 100% that I burned most of them in mode 1. Nero says that almost all of them are in mode 2. what the heck is going on?:confused:
edit: clonecd says the same thing:( I burned these all with nero

Was perhaps the multisession option enabled when writing these discs?

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

Was perhaps the multisession option enabled when writing these discs? [/B]
no

cd mode 1 leaves 8 bytes of information blank, while cd xa mode 2 form 1 uses these 8 bytes for subheaders. otherwise, the two formats are identical.

http://www.omnidisc.com.sg/cdrfaq.htm

perhaps that helps?

Originally posted by ckin2001
[B]cd mode 1 leaves 8 bytes of information blank, while cd xa mode 2 form 1 uses these 8 bytes for subheaders. otherwise, the two formats are identical.

http://www.omnidisc.com.sg/cdrfaq.htm

perhaps that helps? [/B]
hehe thanks. I dunno what happened with these CDs though…