Possible sister drive for my 115D

So ya…I’ve spent the last 4 hours searching this site and newegg trying to narrow down a possible burner to go with my Pioneer 115d.

There’s about 30 listed; I’ve done a bit of research based on brand. It’s narrowed down to IDE since I’m to lazy to deal with checking/configuring my pc for SATA usage. I’m looking for something that’ll help fill in some gaps. I was thinking about going with the LiteOn iHAP422. I assume it allows BitSetting Dvd +R/RW/DL and Disc Quality scanning? I’m basing this off of the review of the SATA version. Any feedback is appreciatted since my experience in this field is limited.

*Fixed the link v.v

I would also suggest combining your Pioneer DVR-115D with a LiteOn drive, which will let you perform Disc Quality Scanning and which is better able to read damaged DVDs.

The LiteOn iHAP422 also offers LightScribe if you want to label your discs (requires LightScribe media).

All LiteOn DVD burners support BookType bitsetting, but you may have to enable it first - I’m not sure whether it’s enabled or disabled by default.

Although I don’t have a LiteOn iHAP422 myself (I would get one if they were available here), that would be my first suggestion.

Thanks for the reply. When you say enable do you mean I’d have to use MCSE to do so or is it a simple changing of the options?

[quote=DM85;2212126]Thanks for the reply. When you say enable do you mean I’d have to use MCSE to do so or is it a simple changing of the options?[/quote] You can download the BookType utility from LiteOn, use C0deKing’s Settings Utility for LiteOn Drives, and there are also other utilities that support changing the default booktype for LiteOn DVD burners.