Last night just before shutting down, I installed the Gold & Decyrpter 22.214.171.124 Beta’s on one of my machines. Before Install, it was running fine.
Upon first boot today, the machine would lose it’s ability to resolve dns (i.e. resolve a web address wwww.xx.xx into an ip address) within less then 5 minutes of each boot. It also caused Winipcfg to hang. My other machine did not have the problem so it is not my internet connection. I spent several hours troubleshooting (some of what I tried was doing a registry restore, uninstalling gold & decyrpter, reinstalling an earlier version, shutting off all security, spyware scan, reinstalling network card & chip set drivers.) What finally appears to have solved it was doing a system file restore from Tweak UI.
The reason I am leaning towards blaming DVD Fab is that I learned long ago when a pc problem comes up, the first thing to look at is what has changed. The only thing I did last night was installing the 2 Betas. I don’t know how they would cause this, but i do remember a situation with one release of Nero 6 where Ahead admitted it caused a problem that prevented Win 98 from booting at all.