Possible Fix for nero 9 not burning audio cd's on vista 64 bit

vbimport

HI .

I don’t kow if anyone else has had this problem , but i thought i’d post my solution i found .

Ok , basically i recently installed a fresh copy of vista 64bit , and found with both nero 8 + 9 i could burn dvd’s and cd images , but i could not burn audio cd’s .

It would just cache the files , go to begin the write process and then fail with the “SCSI Command aborted” error message .

The odd thing is i could burn audio cd’s with windows media player , but not other applications such as Easy CD-DA Extractor.

I tried several things from different discs to compatibility mode and so on , none of them worked , but today when i was looking at all my burn options , i changed the burn mode from Distac at once to Disc at once/96 and hey presto! it burns audio cd’s when this option is selected ! . I am not sure if this option is available when you use nero express , but it is in nero burning rom.

Hope this helps people !.

Alan.

[QUOTE=b1uedr4gon;2137170]HI .

I don’t kow if anyone else has had this problem , but i thought i’d post my solution i found .

Ok , basically i recently installed a fresh copy of vista 64bit , and found with both nero 8 + 9 i could burn dvd’s and cd images , but i could not burn audio cd’s .

It would just cache the files , go to begin the write process and then fail with the “SCSI Command aborted” error message .

The odd thing is i could burn audio cd’s with windows media player , but not other applications such as Easy CD-DA Extractor.

I tried several things from different discs to compatibility mode and so on , none of them worked , but today when i was looking at all my burn options , i changed the burn mode from Distac at once to Disc at once/96 and hey presto! it burns audio cd’s when this option is selected ! . I am not sure if this option is available when you use nero express , but it is in nero burning rom.

Hope this helps people !.

Alan.[/QUOTE]

you are my freaking hero i have been going nuts for the past 2 days trying to figure out the exact same issue just built a new quad core rig with 8 gigs of ram and a samsung burner and couldn’t figure out for the life of me why i could burn everything except audio cd’s tried your trick and it worked like a charm thanks man

no problem :slight_smile: