Possible fake discs. "titanium"

vbimport

hi, people. I just bought some “data write titanium whit printables” disc and i’m sure that the feel of them and look and also burn quality as a lot of them fail, so i’m thinking straight away these cant be real titanium brand.

All the info on the actual disc is different from the real ones i have as these ones have a number that i must say was realy hard to even see… The code is: “dvd-r 317M” and this is all the info on disc… the other ones i say are real have more numbers and letters.

Can anyone say if there are a problem with the info i can only provide, as this is the only code there is. “dvd-r 317M”

thanks.

[QUOTE=igotbumpt;2630310]hi, people. I just bought some “data write titanium whit printables” disc and i’m sure that the feel of them and look and also burn quality as a lot of them fail, so i’m thinking straight away these cant be real titanium brand.

All the info on the actual disc is different from the real ones i have as these ones have a number that i must say was realy hard to even see… The code is: “dvd-r 317M” and this is all the info on disc… the other ones i say are real have more numbers and letters.

Can anyone say if there are a problem with the info i can only provide, as this is the only code there is. “dvd-r 317M”

thanks.[/QUOTE]

If your having that many problems you should contact the seller or manufacture and get a refund for the defective product first as you bought them new- there is a warranty on them and contacting them would most likely be your first choice to resolve the problem.

[QUOTE=igotbumpt;2630310]hi, people. I just bought some “data write titanium whit printables” disc and i’m sure that the feel of them and look and also burn quality as a lot of them fail, so i’m thinking straight away these cant be real titanium brand.

thanks.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forum :flower:

All Datawrites are fakes, I’m afraid. Datawrite does not manufacture any media. They buy discs from manufacturers and put their own impressive sounding “Titanium” name on them. “Titanium” is just a marketing gimmick, you have no real assurance that the discs that they bought to sell to you this month are from the same manufacturer or as good as the ones you bought last month. You certainly need to send them back if they are garbage.

All Datawrite media are either C-grade CMC Magnetics made media or MCC/TY fakes from China. The stamper code (“dvd-r 317M”) suggests that yours were made in mainland China and have a “MCC 03RG20” MID code. In my experience, they are usually on the very edge of usability.
In the future, please avoid any Datawrite branded media at all costs!

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2630340]Welcome to the forum :flower:

All Datawrites are fakes, I’m afraid. Datawrite does not manufacture any media. They buy discs from manufacturers and put their own impressive sounding “Titanium” name on them. “Titanium” is just a marketing gimmick, you have no real assurance that the discs that they bought to sell to you this month are from the same manufacturer or as good as the ones you bought last month. You certainly need to send them back if they are garbage.[/QUOTE]

It’s good that I read your post before I really went for the Datawrite I was eyeing for. Thanks! Great help!