Possible Deal at BB on Hitachi Ext. HDD

Hitachi external 1 terabyte hard drive BB 127.49 YMMV

Was at Bestbuy today in Rochester NY and picked up a hitachi external 1TB hard drive for 127.49 original price wast 369.99. Associate told me that it just went on clearance today and they had three on the shelf. Ask to check their system to see if any other store in upstate newyork had them and only one store did not(watertown).

sku number is 8355497

P.S. : understand this is coming from Slickdeals.net again. YMMV is Your Mileage May Vary. Meaning, you may or may not get lucky on this deal. just thought i would pass it this way. i am headed to BB tomorrow myself. Good Luck.

at that price i would buy a 1TB in a heart beat. … cause i usually dont feel comfortable paying to much over the 100 dollar or so mark… as thats usually the sweet spot to get maximum storage at a reasonable price.

The drive is not listed on BB’s Web site, either in the main part or the clearance center.

Can it be removed from its case, thus converting it to an internal drive?

yes…i can be taken out of the case and used internally. so they say. here is the link from the other site.

LINK

hope that helps some. some peeps are saying it has real bad reviews. decision is always your of course.

good luck with it.

Nice. :slight_smile:

Will stop by the BB store by my office at lunch today.

Here is a coupon that includes 10% off external hard drives. It says markdowns are taken from the original price, but I’ve used these things on sale/clearance items in the past with no problems.

much thanks. forgot to add the 10% coupon as well. be aware tho, if you can help it, dont call and ask if they have any in stock. if they see the price, they may keep it for themselves. not saying all BB reps are like that. but ya never know. good luck.

[QUOTE=Cavalyr;2040431]much thanks. forgot to add the 10% coupon as well. be aware tho, if you can help it, dont call and ask if they have any in stock. if they see the price, they may keep it for themselves. not saying all BB reps are like that. but ya never know. good luck.[/QUOTE]

I make it a point never to call Best Buy for anything. Ever. :wink:

I found (and purchased) the last one on the shelf at the BB in Evanston, IL (on Howard St.). They took the 10% off coupon, so the out-the-door price was $125 and change. For others in the immediate northern suburbs of Chicago, the store on Touhy Ave. in Skokie was out of stock.

4 best buys on the north side of indy, visited 3 of them…2 had at least 1 in stock …

bummer was that the ‘clearance price’ was 213.99 … same SKU as the OP

I even showed a really nice worker this forum thread, he mentioned…‘yeah, market and regional demand…we must’ve done better with that drive than they did in NY or Chicago…it goes both ways, sometimes we get better clearance prices than those guys’

oh well, on to the next 1TB deal/steal hopefully =)

i pondered 10% off 213.99 but couldn’t stomach you guys on here paying the much lesser price :disagree:

Major props to Cavalyr for the instructions on how to take the drive out of its case. The hardest part was getting the tabs loose in the first two steps, but other than that, it was a breeze. My drive is under warranty until July 2009. Not nearly as good as Western Digital or Seagate, but it’s liveable for the price. Popped it in my case and installed Vista x64 on it. Working well so far. Great deal. :smiley:

The rule on all deal sites is never call the store, go in and check for yourself or check inventory online then wander in. You call and the employees all end up getting a good deal and you get nada.
The thing with Best buy clearance sales is one store will be full price, another will be the big sale so ya never know.