Possible CD/DVD-Check String

Could anyone please help me with any information on how to burn a backup copy of my original CD game COMFY (Educational Toys - Comfyware)

I’ve tried to find the copy protection used with A-ray, protection id and ClonyXXL but none can detect any protection. Each attempt to burn a copy with Alcohol 120%, cloneCD has failed with error “This program cannot run without the original CD in the drive.”

A-Ray Scanner - Did not detect any copy protection
ClonyXXL - found nothing either

Protection ID is the only program that sees anything. When I scan installation directory, it reports

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\ComfyWare\First Steps\cFirst.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 2364946 (0241612h) Bytes
-> File has 2242066 (0223612h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 01E000h
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> CD in the drive

• Scan Took : 0.468 Seconds

Protection ID don’t detect any copy protection on CD

I’ve any made images and mounted them in Alcohols virtual drive with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe it’s TAGES. You can try Daemon Tools Pro or VirtualCD 9

heya R!Co, haven´t seen you for a long time… :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s TAGES. You can try Daemon Tools Pro or VirtualCD 9

nah if it would be Tages PID will report it as Tages, the wrapper code is pretty generic… also SolidShield (used in combo with the Tages APIs) should get detected fine inv v5.2c.
my bet is on a custom prot…

Heh, and you think they can’t change it ? What kind of custom protection can it be when Alcohol can’t make a good image.

my bet isn´t on Tages, as they now incorperate SolidShield in the new versions. could be Hexalok, there is currently no public tool wich detects it…

@bik015@gmail.com
check your pm.

Yea can be. You should sometimes come back to old ‘meeting’ place :wink:

Somebody have a new solutions to backup Comfy games?