Possible bug (or 2) in DVD ISO File name handling

vbimport

#1

[ol]
[li]Bug 1
[/li]
Using DVDFab 5.1.0.0 and previously 5.0.9.0, I’ve been trying to rip my daughters new Tinker Bell Movie. I kept getting this error:

 
19:52:11: Analyzing of DVD started
19:52:11: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
19:52:11: Copy process started
19:52:11: Task_1 failed! Error=400(15 1 C:\Documents and Settings\JVincent\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\MainMovie\Tinker Bell (2008) (V) \VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB)
19:52:12: Process failed!

I had a similar problem with another DVD (I think it was Cinderella). I typically rename the ISO to match the name returned when searchin IMDb so that my XBMC system will pull the correct cover art and such.

However, I kept getting the above error. When I tried just leaving everything as default, it worked. In looking at the above error, I noticed the extra space after the (V) in the path. The DVD name on IMDb is “Tinker Bell (2008) (V)”. I tried a number of times with the full IMDb name and double checked that there was not an extraneous space in my entry, but it still shows one in the error log.
[li]Bug 2
[/li]
I had version 5.0.9.0 and it would not notify me that a new version had been released, even if I manually clicked the “Check for Update” button.[/ol]


#2

I will install dvdfab 5.1.0.0 and give this a try with my copy and post back for you shortly


#3

Ok I tested versions 5.0.9.0 and 5.1.0.0 and had no problems like you except for the check for newer update. version 5.0.9.0 said it was checking but never said a new update was available. I even tried the new BETA and not get your problem. So what is your OS is it xp or vista


#4

Remember that (unless it has changed) the update check only works for major releases, not betas. Not sure about the file naming thing, but I wonder if it is the parentheses.