Possible bug in 2.8.2.1

Hi,

I’ve just been trying out v2.8.2.1 on the RTM version of Windows XP x64. CloneDVD works fine except for the fact that it doesn’t detect my writer, a Pioneer DVR107. My only option was to create an ISO and burn with Nero.

Other details that may be useful are :-

Asus K8V motherboard
Using XP’s own drivers for everything currently.
The DVDRW is connected as the primary master (HDD is SATA)

Anybody think of anything I may have done wrong ?

Incidentally CloneCD also cannot see any optical drives (and there are three installed and operating fine under Nero).

Both programs are the trial versions, both my registering them looks a bit shaky now!!

Thanks

You did reboot after installing?

Yep, couple of times. No difference.

Any other things I can check ?

It looks like the 64 bit drivers are not working at all on your system.
Open a command prompt. type:
net start elbycdio

What do you see?

Hi Olli,

Sorry for the delay in replying - this’ll have to be my last post until after work tomorrow.

The command produces the result : “The requested service has already been started”

This is very good, as it says, that the ElbyCDIO driver is running fine. Are your optical drives displayed correctly in device manager? Can you check the version of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ElbyCDIO.dll? (Right mousebutton - properties)
Can you check the “Comment” statement? (should read “User mode I/O”).

Everything displays fine in device manager.

The file version is 5.1.0.2 however the comment statement reads “Kernel mode I/O” - so this would appear to be my problem then ?

Absolutely. Try to delete this file. (Shut down all elby applications, AnyDVD, CloneDVD…). Reinstall CloneDVD. Hope it works then!

Olli I had the very same problem yet again, clonecd, clonedvd and anydvd installed fine, it was the nerocheck again, I just renamed it, browse to this location, C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 and look for NeroCheck, all I did was rename it to NeroCheckbak, and then reinstall all the clone stuff and all my drives were detected. So until nero fixes this problem I guess this will have to be the solution.

He said he used nero to burn it so i’m assuming he has nero installed.

Thanks for those replies. I’ll try both ppossibloe solutions this evening.

Hi,

OK as per Kamikazee’s instructions I renamed the NeroCheck file and then reinstalled CloneDVD. It now works!!

Oddly though, without having to reinstall CloneCD is also now working fine.

But whatever, many thanks for the help.

they were provided by Olli in and earlier post.

So this is a nerocheck bug, that probably needs to be addressed by them, until it is maybe this needs to be added to the clonecd, clonedvd and anydvd faq sticky?

This problem is caused because of a bug in the CloneCD setup program.
If CloneCD 5.2.1.1 is installed on x64 systems, the wrong ElbyCDIO version is installed.
To fix this, install AnyDVD or CloneDVD after installing CloneCD.

A fixed version of CloneCD can be downloaded here:

http://update.slysoft.com/SetupCloneCD5221.exe

CloneCD 5.2.2.1 2005-5-3

• Fix: Wrong ElbyCDIO.dll was installed on Windows x64
  • Fix: Stability problems in certain configurations
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages