Positive Experiences (411s)

I have the 411S model and I tell you I LOVE it!! I had the BTC 1004 which was TERRIBLE, just read the BTC forums, kinda funny.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and bought another since the BTC was so awful… I tell you, I LOVE the 411S! It burns anything I fead it, and loves it!

I’ve done movie after movie. I’ve made compilations of MPG’s, etc…

The main reason I’m posting is to end the horror stories of -R and -RW media… ALL I have burned to is -R(W) discs, granted I am using the newest firmware, I upgraded immediately, and it works like a champ!

OLi

Originally posted by coreyoli
[B]I have the 411S model and I tell you I LOVE it!! I had the BTC 1004 which was TERRIBLE, just read the BTC forums, kinda funny.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and bought another since the BTC was so awful… I tell you, I LOVE the 411S! It burns anything I fead it, and loves it!

I’ve done movie after movie. I’ve made compilations of MPG’s, etc…

The main reason I’m posting is to end the horror stories of -R and -RW media… ALL I have burned to is -R(W) discs, granted I am using the newest firmware, I upgraded immediately, and it works like a champ!

OLi [/B]

How about some media details - what brand are you using? So far, I’ve only tried 1 -R disc, a Princo 1X that works fine at 2X in my Pioneer 104 (I knew the word was the 411s didn’t like these discs but I had to test one for myself - it failed on lead out, wouldn’t read in my Mintek player, but suprisingly did work in my Philips player). Otherwise, I’ve burned Ricoh made TDK +R 4x and Fuji +RW 4x without a problem, and 3 CMC made Imation 2.4X +R (1 out of the 3 CMCs didn’t read well in my standalone player, burned the same image to another one and it worked fine- I suppose this is typical CMC inconsistency).

Originally posted by dentman42
How about some media details - what brand are you using? So far, I’ve only tried 1 -R disc, a Princo 1X that works fine at 2X in my Pioneer 104 (I knew the word was the 411s didn’t like these discs but I had to test one for myself - it failed on lead out, wouldn’t read in my Mintek player, but suprisingly did work in my Philips player). Otherwise, I’ve burned Ricoh made TDK +R 4x and Fuji +RW 4x without a problem, and 3 CMC made Imation 2.4X +R (1 out of the 3 CMCs didn’t read well in my standalone player, burned the same image to another one and it worked fine- I suppose this is typical CMC inconsistency).

I started with Princo (the 2x w/inkjet labels) worked… Verbatim 2x worked… The RitekG03 1x work and burn at 2x for me…

I really haven’t found a reason to try any others since the RitekG03 are reasonable price, I buy from supermediastore.com

OLi

Originally posted by coreyoli
[B]I have the 411S model and I tell you I LOVE it!! I had the BTC 1004 which was TERRIBLE, just read the BTC forums, kinda funny.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and bought another since the BTC was so awful… I tell you, I LOVE the 411S! It burns anything I fead it, and loves it!

I’ve done movie after movie. I’ve made compilations of MPG’s, etc…

The main reason I’m posting is to end the horror stories of -R and -RW media… ALL I have burned to is -R(W) discs, granted I am using the newest firmware, I upgraded immediately, and it works like a champ!

OLi [/B]
:bow: :bow: :bow:

100% approved !!
Had the BTC 1004IM a fuxking bitxh of a burner and now with the LDW-411S no probs.

Lite-On RuLEz !

Had my Lite-On 411 for about a week now and have had successful burns after successful burns. This is my first dvd burner and after a few day learning curve (Thanks CD Freaks) every thing is working great for what I wanted to do. (Backup DVD movie disks) I have used only Generic 4Xdvd-r PC Club disks from there brick and mortar.(Mostly orange with a black printed design.) There cheap, er inexpensive. $19.99 for a cake of 25! These disks show that they are Ritek on a media identifier program. I am using DVD Shrink and CopytoDVD to backup my DVD collection. I have tested media and it plays well in my PlaystationII and Panasonic DVD player Model# DVDS31A, and of course both my Lite-On Drives.:bigsmile: