Position image on disc via cd-label print

ok maybe i don’t know the top from the bottom of the disc tray for a canon printer, but i keep getting a white esclipse line on the dvds on the top or bottom after printing. i have tried moving the image to no avail. the edge of the disc tray that enters the printer, would this be the top or bottom edge as my issue is to move the image. when positioning it plus or minus several mms from the top

If you’re using an image to cover the entire disc, don’t insert it as am image but use it as a background. It will need to be appropriately cropped.

If you’re talking about the print position, that setting is in the print dialog when you first click the print button.

Looking at the front of the printer, the top of the disc/label exits the printer first. The left side of the disc/label will be on the right side as you look at the printer. It does take a few discs to dial in these settings, but once set they should be remembered and remain correct.

ok so if the disc comes out, and the last portion has a small white halo that would be the bottom edge, do i move it with a plus mm or a minus mm, to actually move it lower the position buttons says from the top i believe that would be a plus mm right

[QUOTE=thomm;2407493]ok so if the disc comes out, and the last portion has a small white halo that would be the bottom edge, do i move it with a plus mm or a minus mm, to actually move it lower the position buttons says from the top i believe that would be a plus mm right[/QUOTE]

I’d be guessing, so you better try it. Make a label with a single black line or cross-hatch pattern to print that will make positioning easy.

If the print position is too high, a positive value should lower it. Also be aware that as you lower the position, a slight shift to leaf or right may become evident. This is expected. Likewise, adjusting left or right may alter the apparent top/bottom alignment a tad. This is also expected with a round image.
This is where having a spindle of cheap media at hand is a good idea. If you use the tool to insert a circular figure, then stretch it to the outer diameter, test prints will be easy to measure.