Portable DVD Decrypter

Are there any programs that do the same job as DVD decrypter, but can be run off a USB flash drive?

not that I know of, but im sure someone will figure it out in due time.

i saw a link to portable dvd fab decrypter once. could probably be found if you google it.

the downside is that protections update every day and there’s really no one making continuous portable updates so a portable program that you find will probably be outdated unless it has continued support from whomever created it. (I don’t think the guys that make dvd fab decrypter made the portable app so it’s not really the developer’s job here)

I don’t see any problems running DVD Decrypter off a USB flash drive. Install it on your harddisk and copy the Install folder to your USB stick.
Haven’t tried it myself, but I don’t think there will be a problem.

good suggestion…when i think of making apps portable i think of having to pare things down so it’s USB friendly and whatnot (like the openoffice i have on my usb drive), but taking a look at DVDD, the entire folder on my C drive is under 1MB.

this is definitely worth a try.

If you buy a USB stick that has 3-4 GB of space, as are just becoming available, you could load Windows and programs onto it and then adjust any computer’s bios-setup startup choices to boot from the stick “drive” instead of the HDD. Then all computing tasks are done off the stick because it has it’s own registry etc. …I think :confused:

Whisperer

Unfortunately Windows XP won’t boot from USB devices, it’ll crash with “inaccessible boot device” BSOD.

Tru,
Damn … didn’t know that. My dedicated backup box is not connected to the web and runs on Windows 2000 SP3 to avoid DRM and XP activation/spying and any other of Bloody Bill’s crap tricks!

I loaded 2K onto my stick this afternoon, deselected (in bios) all boot devices other than the removable drive, and it booted just fine with 2K. Linux anyone?

Whisperer

merci beaucoup

[QUOTE=Whisperer1;1490256]If you buy a USB stick that has 3-4 GB of space, as are just becoming available, you could load Windows and programs onto it and then adjust any computer’s bios-setup startup choices to boot from the stick “drive” instead of the HDD. Then all computing tasks are done off the stick because it has it’s own registry etc. …I think :confused:

Whisperer[/QUOTE]

Actually 8GB and 16GB USB memory sticks have been available for some time now.

It’s amazing how quickly technology moves these days.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Well 32GB usb sticks are already on sale!

[QUOTE=Fredzz;2039698]Well 32GB usb sticks are already on sale![/QUOTE]

wow thats crazy…i wonder if it would work to put linux on a flash drive

Of course it will. Linux on a flash drive has been around for some time
ubuntu on flash
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

The list goes on and on… :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=anjilslaire;2042429]Of course it will. Linux on a flash drive has been around for some time
ubuntu on flash
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

The list goes on and on… :)[/QUOTE]
nice…thanks for the links :slight_smile:

Actually, 64GB USB flash drives have been out for about 8 months!

[QUOTE=nitsuaeppir;2047326]Actually, 64GB USB flash drives have been out for about 8 months![/QUOTE]

that’s gota be a drain on your wallet though…:frowning:

Yeah, they were around $3,000 when they first came out. You can get them for $600 now. Another $500 less and it’s mine! :smiley:

[QUOTE=nitsuaeppir;2047392]Another $500 less and it’s mine! :D[/QUOTE]:bigsmile: yeah i would get one at that price.