Poor video quality from DVDs

I installed a Samsung TS-H552U, (US06) in an eMachine T-2341, (AMD 2400). The video is of very poor quality specialy bluish-green flesh tones. This occurs no matter what DVD player I use, (Nero, InterActual, PowerDVD, MediaPlayer, etc. Also, the poor quality is independent of DVD, (_+R, RW, even store-bought titles. I know I have the latest firmware, but can not find any tweeks to overcome this. I will appreciate any tips. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

I have never seen this related to burned discs. I have seen a similar problem when the DVD player was set to S-video and the connection was different, but that is the best I can come up with. You should first check out the discs on another player to see if the player is the problem.

devictoria
You say “The video is of very poor quality specialy bluish-green flesh tones. This occurs no matter what DVD player I use, (Nero, InterActual, PowerDVD, MediaPlayer, etc.”

Does this same poor quality appear on your stand alone player or only with the PC software programs you mentioned?

Edited: If it’s only on your PC could be a video card issue.

@ devictoria,

You are posting in the AnyDVD Forum and as such I assume you are equating your “very poor quality specially bluish-green flesh tones” problem to the AnyDVD software program. This problem is not connected to the use of the AnyDVD software program.

As suggested by Forum Member itzbinnice your problem could be a computer video card or possibly a monitor problem. Have you viewed a commercial manufactured DVD movie in your computer to see if you experience this “very poor quality specially bluish-green flesh tones” problem?

If when viewing commercial manufactured DVD movies you experience this “very poor quality specially bluish-green flesh tones” problem indicates that your problem is most likely video card or monitor related. Most video cards have color adjustments and most monitors have hue color management adjustments. Usually on most computers the computer video card and monitor adjustments are accessed through Start/Settings/Control Panel/Display/Settings.

Best Regards,
bjkg