Poor PIONEER...I WANT QUALITY

vbimport

hi all…
i was wondering what is the best drive to buy to burn cheap media (dvd+r dl INtact d02)
i currently have a pioneer dvr-212 but it can write to them (power calibration error)…i have tried fw1.21 , 1.22 , and 1,24 none of them worked…

will the new pioneer 215 i think be any better…
basically i want a burner with the BEST write quality i don’t car about noise speed price ect…
i just want to be able to burn these CHEAP dvd+r DL media…

[QUOTE=haris2887;2091863]hi all…
i was wondering what is the best drive to buy to burn cheap media (dvd+r dl INtact d02)
i currently have a pioneer dvr-212 but it can write to them (power calibration error)…i have tried fw1.21 , 1.22 , and 1,24 none of them worked…

basically i want a burner with the BEST write quality i don’t car about noise speed price ect…
i just want to be able to burn these CHEAP dvd+r DL media…[/QUOTE]

Hi haris2887,
some cheap media are so crap that even Pioneer drive cannot burn them.
Could you post some further informations on your “INtact” DL media (MID code, Made in xxxx, serial numbers, etc)?
I do not think that new drive will help you. You should rather switch to another media brand. :bigsmile:

its not just intact discs it RITEK as well…

and both INTACT and Ritek burn fine on my laptop which has a crappy
MATSHITA dvd-burner

ill get back to you with the details…

Dude, just buy Verbatim double layer. Many of us know (myself included) from painful experience that buying other brands can lead to 50%+ coasters.

[QUOTE=haris2887;2091863]hi all…

i just want to be able to burn these CHEAP dvd+r DL media…[/QUOTE]

:doh:

It doesn’t matter if they burn fine are you doing any error tests?? Jitter?? playback?? We would love to help you in your burning quest but you might want to take a little bit of advice and get rid of the junk media otherwise I don’t care ir you spent 1000 dollars on a dvd drive the burns will still suck :frowning:

I used to try and get away with memorex DL and every MId code I got had some kind of problem sure some of them were ok but do you want to play that game with your data?? I don’t know about you but when my girlfriend comes over to watch a movie and it starts freezing & skipping I get a little embarrassed and it makes me look well like I don’t know what I am doing… I tell you I even tried MATRIX dvd’s for a while only $1.00 a piece but my data/backups were all lost and I wasn’t able to recover my data backups. My movie backups I could of course (Just pop the original in) but it sucks loosing important data.

I have a coupon for officemax $10.00 off of $20.00 (good on top of any other sale) so when their MKM001 verbatim 20pk of verbatim DL’s are $29.99 then I use my $10.00 off coupon and I get my prized verbatim DL for $1.00 a piece $19.99 for a 20pk. just last time I got 2 of them and used the 15.00 off coupon. so I got 40 of them for $45.00. :iagree: & these are (Get the made in singapore verbatim DL’s) 100% error free playback sure the scanner shows errors but this is the best that it gets on DL.

If you want quality then you have to buy quality media BOTTOM LINE

ok…
first of all i am not making Backups i am just burning and using the disc a few time and then throwing them away , they are not intended for long term…

I know that PIONEER write quality is ABSolutely CRAP because…

a) i burned it with the DVR-110 and tried tp play it in my dvd player and it freezes eTC…

b) burned the same thing with DVR-212 and it does not play…

c) burned it with MUSHITA LAPTOP dvd-drive and it plays without freezing or lagging ect 100% fine…

So 2 pioneers burners and Both suck…

how can the pioneers not be able to write properly and the the MATSHITA dvd-burner Consistently Works…
i am not using Verbs because of the Price… the are almost $3 a disc
where and The INtacts are 0.40C a disc…

Pioneer are usually one of the best burners for crap media. Chances are, if Pioneer won’t burn it, it must be really bad. And as for Matshita - they’re really a law unto themselves regarding media compatibility.

You can try a Samsung, but if that fails I’d suggest burning the discs on your Matshita drive from now on, if you don’t want to use the good stuff (Verbatim).

It’s really not Pioneer’s fault at all - in fact, to their credit, they support a lot of crap media very well, that other burners would spit out in disgust. :wink:

yeh ill try a sammy tomorrow…

[QUOTE=haris2887;2091875]its not just intact discs it RITEK as well…

and both INTACT and Ritek [B]burn fine on my laptop [/B]which has a crappy
MATSHITA dvd-burner

ill get back to you with the details…[/QUOTE]

Please specifiy “fine” here.
And even it would finish burning without errors doesnt mean it was a good & acceptable burn anyway.

To be honest, your conclusion & “facts” are useless and no proof at all.

You buy CRAP MEDIa and then nag about the outcome.

I suggest 1 rule to you: crap in - crap out.

[QUOTE=haris2887;2092254]ok…
first of all i am not making Backups i am just burning and using the disc a few time and then throwing them away , they are not intended for long term…

I know that PIONEER write quality is ABSolutely CRAP because…

a) i burned it with the DVR-110 and tried tp play it in my dvd player and it freezes eTC…

b) burned the same thing with DVR-212 and it does not play…

c) burned it with MUSHITA LAPTOP dvd-drive and it plays without freezing or lagging ect 100% fine…

[B]So 2 pioneers burners and Both suck…[/B]

how can the pioneers not be able to write properly and the the MATSHITA dvd-burner Consistently Works…
i am not using Verbs because of the Price… the are almost $3 a disc
where and The INtacts are 0.40C a disc…[/QUOTE]

so the simple fact that 2 pioneers failed and it works on the other one is not enough for you…
i guess there is no point in arguing…

[QUOTE=haris2887;2092568]so the simple fact that 2 pioneers failed and it works on the other one is not enough for you…
i guess there is no point in arguing…[/QUOTE]

Sadly you don’t get it:

CRAP IN - CRAP OUT.

I strongly suggest you start looking into the MEDIA section and judge then what media is crap and what is not, especially in case of DL media!

@ haris2887,

Pioneer DVD Burner are in fact NOT ‘Crap’ as you continue to insist.

Suggest reviewing CD Freaks CD and DVD Burner Forum Read First posting titled “Top 5 optical drives (April - June 2008) Cast your vote now” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/top-5-optical-drives-april-june-2008-cast-your-vote-now-241802) and note that 3 of the top 5 DVD Burners are Pioneer DVD Burners.

A CD Freaks Senior Moderator & Reviewer with over 23000 postings, a CD Freaks CD Freaks Resident also with over 23000 postings, and every Forum Member that has posted in this thread has informed you that your particular Pioneer DVD Burner problem is caused by the use of known poor quality Media.

Perchance don’t you think its time to shed your erroneous preconceived unfounded conclusion and have an open mind and seriously consider that your problem could in fact be caused by the use of poor quality Media?

Regards,
bjkg

Pioneer burners are not crap… I have a 111L and a 215L and they are great… :clap::clap::clap:

My 215L may just be the best drive I’ve ever owned. As for the Matshita being successful it would qualify as a mystery as is every other result that comes from those drives. One advantage that you get from the extra bucks with Verbatim is COMPATABILITY. You’ve yet to give us an MID for the InTech discs…they may not even be supported by the Pioneer drives.