Poor burns - 832s with Verbatim dvd-r x8

I am getting poor burn results on Liteon 832s with
Verbatim dvd-r (“R MINUS”) 8x media. Attached is
kprobe scan which illustrates the fact. Is there anything I
can do with Omnipatcher to fix this problem? The
firmware I am currently using is the basic VS0E.

Regards,

George D

Welcome :slight_smile:

I hate to say it, but have you tried the Sony VY06 firmware. Consensus is that it burns -R better than Liteon firmware. You can get it from my site (follow the link in my signature). Don’t forget to enable cross flashing with OmniPatcher if your drive hardware is not an 832S. :wink:

BTW: To save and attach a KProbe scan:
After the scan is complete, click the small diskette button on the toolbar and at the save as dialog select a file type of .PNG. Attach the saved file to your post by using the “Manage Attachments” button in the “postreply”, “Go Advanced” or “Quotepost” mode. :wink:

Is your drive ever flashed to newer firmware? Have you ever tried strategy swaps?
If you flashed a few times and tried some other strategies for numberous discs, it is possible that you need to reset the eeprom. If this is your first burn on these media, I think your eeprom still needs to learn how to burn these discs. Try burning some more discs if this was your first MCC 02RG20.

If I flash the Sony VY06 firmware to my LiteOn 832s will my OEM software (Nero Express)
still work?

BR,

George D

Yeah that’s a good question, I guess it will. If not, then just send my a message and I will provide you with the burning software…
Enable the crossflashing option if you flash to sony fw.

You said: “If this is your first burn on these media, I think your eeprom still needs to learn how to burn these discs. Try burning some more discs if this was your first
MCC 02RG20.”

How many MCC 02RG20’s would I have to burn before my eeprom stabilizes??

Well, there’s no real average, but after 4 burns your eeprom will be fully educated :slight_smile: in how to burn MCC02RG20.