Poor Audio Quality

vbimport

I’m using samsung ‘unbranded’ with an Acer 1208 writer and audio cds are often having crackling sounds. I read to an image then burn the image, both in Nero - version 5.5.3.5. Has anyone else had this problem with the same writer/media, or know hat the problem is?

Many Thanks

Cracking sounds can be caused my 2 things mostly (as discussed many times on this forum before):

[ul]
[li]The reader is not very well capable of Digital Audio Extraction (DAE) and causes the crackling sounds and clicks in the extracted files
[/li][li]The writer can not burn properly at higher speeds
[/li][/ul]

What you can try is the following:
Try to extract the audiofiles to *.WAV files on your harddisk. Thenm play the *.WAV files in mediaplayer/WinAmp. If no clicks or crackling sounds can be detected the problem lies somewhere else. (you should try this both in the reader as well as your writer, usually your writer is better equipped to deal with DAE)

Try the lowest possible speed to burn the *.WAV files onto CDR (try different brands too, this might help sometimes too). If no clicks or crackling sounds can be detected, try the next one at one step higher speed, and continue this process until you detect the crackling sounds again.

Further, use our search function to see what has been written and suggested in other cases, it might help find the solution to your problem

If the crackling sound appears after extraction you can try unhooking that audio cable between your drive and soundcard.

Thanks, the only reason i started a new thread was because i wondered if anyone had any particular problems with this writer/media or a combination of both, i’m not just lazy!!!

I will have a go at writing and reading at various speeds though.

Many thanks

Originally posted by mpawsey
Thanks, the only reason i started a new thread was because i wondered if anyone had any particular problems with this writer/media or a combination of both, i’m not just lazy!!!

I assumed this, otherwise I had just been rude and only mentioned the search function :wink:

Let us know if any suggestion helped…

After some testing it would seem that the only problems are when writing froma n image i have created (which i do form the writer). I’ve written a few cd’s from mp3 from various sources and they don’t seem to give any problems. I have also found out that the Acer 1208 isn’t one of the best readers, even though it has good writing capabilities…i think this is the problem. I am going to try reading at different speads, and to mp3 as you suggested, and possibly using my dvd drive (Hitachi GD-7500).

Many thanks for your help