Pollution

vbimport

How can this happen today.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/world/

[QUOTE=marloyd;2700448]How can this happen today.

well something went screwy with that site was an article on Japan pouring radioactive waste into the ocean to save their ass from killing everyone at that plant ,tons ,tons of waste. Is anybody monitoring this, being kept quiet I guess , not that anybody eating fish in the area croaks.

EDIT: Here’s the link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/fukushima-polluted-water-sea_n_3939014.html

[QUOTE=marloyd;2700631], not that anybody eating fish in the area croaks.[/QUOTE]

They just glow in the dark . :bigsmile:

That’s about right practically shut down oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico because of the BP disaster . My thoughts are this was done on purpose by the US government to do just that. For some reason the US government has wanted to buy as much Middle East oil as they can . While keeping oil being pumped in the US or Gulf as limited as possible.

Then let Japan have a “free” pass on dumping nuclear waste in the ocean.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2700708]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/fukushima-polluted-water-sea_n_3939014.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks Teddy your right on it.

Yes I drank some of it yesterday it made me feel like superman. Best water I ever had.

Marloyd, over on JAPAN TIMES, there have been several days of quotes from various ‘officials’, one of which was apparently translated into something close to “…at least it wasn’t more.”

Oh yes. A thousand tons is OK, huh? I’ll bet that official didn’t take his family swimming in those waters, or didn’t go fishing and cook those critters on the beach. What a shame. Probably wouldn’t even need additional fuel to see them cook, either! WHAT an energy saver!!

It’s that something the way they treat the people there,so a few thousand die no big deal .

On a practical note, this means even more overfishing of distant-from-Japanese-waters will now increase in hopes of locating their fish-quantities that don’t glow in the dark.

Let’s see… those currents head north to the Berings, then down the North American west coast… collect the pollution at Redondo Beach and Seal Point, past KSD, and then they make a gradual right turn at Peru, back into the middle of the Pacific.

Past the chemical and bio weapons dump at Johnston Island, finally circling northward at the Marianas Trench, past the PI and they hit Kyushu.

Fortunately, Tokyo Bay opens to the south, ready to accept anything that’s left. What goes around, I suppose.

It’s going to cause a genetic mutation giant squid that when caught will feed Japan for years.
Or Godzilla will return.

When we have to support over six billion people on the planet we can’t get upset when a few things go wrong. :doh:

Yes I can it just does not do any good.

You missed the sarcasm. Although there is some truth in what I said. :wink:

Imagine what nuclear North Korea can do when its very childish leader goes mad. My first brother worked as a nuclear engineer for some 15 years and now does something to supervise some things as South Korean government tries to prevent such accidents from happening. He used to come home by 7 PM, worked from Monday to Friday. He now works on Saturday and Sunday. Often comes home after midnight. Salary’s same or lower.

Ken, what’s the direction of the prevailing wind on the Korean peninsula? Southeast to Northwest, yes? Up the Korean peninsula, into Manchuria and Siberia?

And then from the north to the south during Winter only?

Does it ever blow due west, into Shanghai and Beijing?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2702554]Ken, what’s the direction of the prevailing wind on the Korean peninsula? Southeast to Northwest, yes? Up the Korean peninsula, into Manchuria and Siberia?

And then from the north to the south during Winter only?

Does it ever blow due west, into Shanghai and Beijing?[/QUOTE]

Korea’s located between Pacific and Siberia.

Summer: Pacific to Siberia (southeast to northwest)
Winter: Siberia to Pacific (northwest to southeast)

Prevailing wind’s from west (China) to east (Japan.)

Asian Dust is called Yellow Sand in Korean.

For South Koreans like to imagine one milligram of beef and skin from the body of Texas animals used in industrial materials could make Koreans extinct, they have become thoroughly paranoid regarding Japanese fish since the nuclear disaster and everything that is Japan - including chocolate, cosmestics, and even Taiyo Yuden discs.

Some of the members of the ROK National Assembly who spread those rumour is now in jail for what they did during the recent North Korean attacks on South Korean navy and an island located close to North Korea. Some of those in jail were once sentenced to death.

Thanks for this. I think I remember seeing something about the winds from the Gobi bringing dust to Korea and Japan before.

I’d think the ocean currents from the eastern shores of Japan would head toward the Berings and then back down the Calif coast. Then there are deep currents which run opposite from surface currents, too.

(This prevailing wind - from Asia out to the Pacific - should have been logical to me. The winds at the Equator are in the opposite direction, then move north into central Asian and then back out to the Pacific in that giant swirling motion.)

Another leak in Japan