Poll

vbimport

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=288190#post288190

why cant you edit an initial post to make it into a poll?

I ofter forget to click the poll option when i am intending to make a poll... see the link

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=288190#post288190

why cant you edit an initial post to make it into a poll?

I ofter forget to click the poll option when i am intending to make a poll… see the link [/B]

I have no idea why , but that’s the case.

By the way , you can delete your own threads.

the moderators have that off in some fora

Originally posted by shuebhussain
the moderators have that off in some fora

oh ? oh well … i deleted it for you :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
By the way , you can delete your own threads.

This is not the case.
Only moderators/adminstrators can delete posts. Users can only edit their own posts, removing the contents and leave a message for a moderator that they want their post deleted.

To add a poll after a message has been posted is quite hard apparently, VBB doesn’t support this feature.

Only way to go about this is post the message again, empty the previous post and ask a mod/admin to remove the old message.

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]
This is not the case.
Only moderators/adminstrators can delete posts. Users can only edit their own posts, removing the contents and leave a message for a moderator that they want their post deleted.

To add a poll after a message has been posted is quite hard apparently, VBB doesn’t support this feature.

Only way to go about this is post the message again, empty the previous post and ask a mod/admin to remove the old message. [/B]

I’ve always understood that all the users could delete the threads they have started. I’m sure i have done that while not being mod. Maybe it’s valid only for the first 10 minutes or something.

I’ve always understood that all the users could delete the threads they have started. I’m sure i have done that while not being mod. Maybe it’s valid only for the first 10 minutes or something.

i’ve deleted my posts before!

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]

I’ve always understood that all the users could delete the threads they have started. I’m sure i have done that while not being mod. Maybe it’s valid only for the first 10 minutes or something. [/B]

That might be a possibility. It may also depend on particular forum settings. As far as I know the feature for users to be able to delete their own posts is (and should be) disabled…

Will look into that when I get home tonight