Poll: Would you have paid to upgrade to Windows 10 if it wasn’t free, how much?

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Poll: Would you have paid to upgrade to Windows 10 if it wasn’t free, how much?[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/09/myce-windows-10-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 users but enterprise users will have to pay for it. If the upgrade wasn’t free to you, would you have paid for it, and how much?

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/poll-would-you-have-paid-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-if-it-wasnt-free-how-much-74709/](http://www.myce.com/news/poll-would-you-have-paid-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-if-it-wasnt-free-how-much-74709/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2746903]We’ve just posted the following news: Poll: Would you have paid to upgrade to Windows 10 if it wasn’t free, how much?[/QUOTE]

If I’ll like it enough,I would pay €29.95 if it wasn’t free…the same price I paid for win 8…:bigsmile:

I would pay $14.95 to upgrade that is all I paid for three upgrade keys for Windows 8:bigsmile:

The most I would pay is £50, but it would be gritting of my teeth annoyed at the price but would do it. The most I would pay and be happy about it is £35.

I paid this to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista back in 2006? But Windows 8 was the bargain as this was £15. I was happy about this till I found out the Americans were getting it for $15 USD (which means £8 if converted). I hate the fact that Microsoft and Sony use the conversion rate of £1 = $1 when it doesn’t. For a long time till the financial crash of 2009 £1 = $2.

I think upgrading an OS for many people is more tied to hardware changes than anything else. I wouldn’t pay anything to upgrade Windows on a computer that will have its motherboard replaced in the future as the upgrade money is wasted on older technology. This is indicated by slowdowns in computer sales prior to a new Windows release hitting the market.

For me to upgrade a computer I am currently using, the cost would have to be under $25USD. Even then choosing to upgrade would depend on when I had planned to swap motherboards or buy a new laptop.

I work in a business where i don’t need to pay for Microsoft licenses :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=UTR;2746959]I think upgrading an OS for many people is more tied to hardware changes than anything else. I wouldn’t pay anything to upgrade Windows on a computer that will have its motherboard replaced in the future as the upgrade money is wasted on older technology. This is indicated by slowdowns in computer sales prior to a new Windows release hitting the market.

For me to upgrade a computer I am currently using, the cost would have to be under $25USD. Even then choosing to upgrade would depend on when I had planned to swap motherboards or buy a new laptop.[/QUOTE]

Few times I have to agree to agree… :doh: I wouldn’t do the upgrade way. I would rather buy the full retail version and if they have WinX x64 Ult-I would go that route. The first sentence is too much the truth nowdays unless your hardware/drivers can update drivers you can be cause more problems then a new O/S can fix. For the most Savvy new boards is what they would decide but for budget computing users they most likely can’t afford a new system. For me considering Win7 is able to run on old hardware with vista drivers was a godsend and very nice. That was something even Win8 broke. But for all the upgrade I wouldn’t do I rather get Full Version instead and do clean install and if reports are true load my Win7, Vista x64 drivers in Win10 and use it that way.

Bill and company would have to pay me to put either Win 8 or Win 10 on any machine! Only ever bought one machine with an OS preinstalled and the Format C: command was issued mere seconds after the machine booted from a proper install disk. Only way to truly remove all of the “Freeware/bloatware” that OEMs insist that you have. Just paid $129.00 CDN for Win 7 64bit Home Edition. Might buy a couple more copies for business machines but that’s it. From now on Gates and Co. can kiss my hairy yellow.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2747018]Just paid $129.00 CDN for Win 7 64bit Home Edition. Might buy a couple more copies for business machines but that’s it. From now on Gates and Co. can kiss my hairy yellow.[/QUOTE]

We all say that but in the end they are the one yelling “whois your daddy”.

If you have an MSDN or a TechNet subscription, you are in the drivers seat, I can not understand why more people do not use this .

[QUOTE=alan1476;2747070]If you have an MSDN or a TechNet subscription, you are in the drivers seat, I can not understand why more people do not use this .[/QUOTE]

Perhaps because it isn’t allowed by M$ to run those subscriptions for anything else than testing purpose??? :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2747081]Perhaps because it isn’t allowed by M$ to run those subscriptions for anything else than testing purpose??? :bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE] Well then I guess I have been testing all these years LOL.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2747088]Well then I guess I have been testing all these years LOL.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Yeah,but you actually ARE…almost continuously!!:iagree:
I’m pretty sure that you don’t violate the MSDN eula…:disagree:

I might get 10 if I were being handsomely paid for it. But until then, I refuse to even touch it. The last thing I need is to give Microsoft yet another tool that they can (and will) use to spy on me.

They cancelled TechNet Subscriptions back in August 2013