Poll of the day: Windows 10 is awesome!

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Poll of the day: Windows 10 is awesome![newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/11/windows-10.-phone-laptop-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

There are only 98 days left to get a free upgrade to Windows 10 if you’re currently on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. Did you already upgrade or will Windows 10 never make it to your computer?

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/poll-day-windows-10-awesome-79186/](http://www.myce.com/news/poll-day-windows-10-awesome-79186/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Not enough choices. Meh should be one of them.

Windows 10 is fine most of the time, but has annoying bugs pop up just like all Windows versions have done. You are forced to tweak settings in this one. In my case, I had to turn off automatic driver updates in order to have a stable system. And I anticipate more bugs when the next big update hits, like the one in November that caused my perfectly fine system to turn schizo.

The constant barrage of updates is supposed to keep the system running smoothly, fix problems that have been reported and introduce new features, but it also causes anxiety for those who’ve had a system working perfectly well become something unexpectedly worse. Microsoft cannot possibly test for all combinations of hardware and installed software, so the odds of them screwing up something in your particular setup are higher than what you might see in a more mature, less futzed with operating system like Windows 7.

First of all, I would never have installed it unless I had to. I’m working in the Microsoft segment along with a few Linux servers, and so am stuck, and stuck suck. Luckily I have infrastructure and security devices to keep my sanity (or should that be remove whatever little is left) :bigsmile:

We have been through the reasons: It is Windows OS-X, equally full of spying and protectionism (read greed) as any ‘not-so’ responsible Apple release. The casualities are of course the users who waves goodbye to whatever little they had left of privacy rights in the first place… Do I need to go on? I don’t think so, but I’ll be happy to answer any questions and scare the shit out of you :bigsmile:

I’ll update when I have a compelling reason to do so, whether its free or not doesn’t enter into it.

[QUOTE=CDan;2772880]I’ll update when I have a compelling reason to do so, whether its free or not doesn’t enter into it.[/QUOTE]
That’s how I see it Windows 7 is putting right along … and I am more then happy with my current O/S.

On the other side, there are currently 200 million devices running on Windows 10 and many users are happy with their free upgrade. They like the look and feel and the new features Microsoft has added.
Notice they don’t talk about those that left which is probably just about as much…200 million thought they liked it til they used and and left it. They like the intro numbers but fail to want to factor the one that liked and now left…

Windows 10 was like pretty much all other Windows OS upgrades. I had to figure out a way to do a clean install.  Then I had to tweak it the way I like it.  It’s not like there were things in Win7 or XP that I didn’t tweak to my liking either.

I’ve actually been surprised at how well win10 works on my 6 year old laptop.  Biggest problem I had was win10 didn’t have a native network driver for it, but I found one on my PC, slapped in on USB drive and easily solved that issue.

Win10 is working pretty good for me.   Not sure I would of paid for it. Win7 was pretty good too, but for free I have no complaints.

[QUOTE=Zod;2772915]Windows 10 was like pretty much all other Windows OS upgrades. I had to figure out a way to do a clean install. Then I had to tweak it the way I like it. It’s not like there were things in Win7 or XP that I didn’t tweak to my liking either.

I’ve actually been surprised at how well win10 works on my 6 year old laptop. Biggest problem I had was win10 didn’t have a native network driver for it, but I found one on my PC, slapped in on USB drive and easily solved that issue.

Win10 is working pretty good for me. Not sure I would of paid for it. Win7 was pretty good too, but for free I have no complaints.[/QUOTE]
Good for ya for the savvy users that is fine and dandy but not your everyday users this isn’t the case here. Those out number the savvy users more in the General population of users. We may think people can do what we can do but they have other things to worry about like keeping their jobs, pay bills, take care of family-last thing they need to worry is become their own IT support help. My Windows 7 is Retail so no junk and all the drivers came from the company so no problems with install. Free doesn’t come without cost from M$ for Win10…anyone believing that hype is a sucker. Most don’t have time to go internet searching for driver when the computer is the main only computer computer and you can’t get internet access because no drivers-how would you get those drivers? That the problem people forget.

^ You have great points here coolcolors… We should however not forget that all OSes Windows 7-10 needs to be tweaked to avoid ‘the shit’. With that said, you are absolutely correct when it comes to Windows 10 :clap: - Even though 10 supports loads of drivers, it means giving up your privacy to get to it and so I go with your reasoning (It is probably the Windows OS with support for most peripherals). Staying behind with Windows 7 seems the best choice.

However, if at all possible, do get a new harddrive and copy the Windows 7 OS and upgrade that harddrive as vroom suggest in another thread, then you can at least hope for a better tomorrow… If not forget it :iagree:

The reason I installed it is because my buddy and I built me a new monster using a i7 980 with 16 gig of ram and a SSD for the boot drive. My old hex core AMD monster is beside sleeping to run what 10 refuses to. My main thing was loosing media center support and I found the hacked version and it has pretty much worked almost flawlessly since I got it in and tweaked.
My main gripe is my older board, CPU, and video card the video drivers crash and reset every so often and no fix so far except a few registry tweaks that help and trying older drivers that might be stable.
Other then that it boots quick and I’m getting used to the layout so I can accomplish what I want.
Win 7 was pretty stable, and tweaked to how I wanted it, 10 is still a work in progress but should get there with some help and tweaks.

I’ve actually been surprised at how well win10 works on my 6 year old laptop. Biggest problem I had was win10 didn’t have a native network driver for it, but I found one on my PC, slapped in on USB drive and easily solved that issue.

Could you please expand on the laptop Zod? We have a Toshiba Satellite L300 that I’m thinking of putting XP alongside the original Vista installation, but now you have given me another idea to put W7 on to upgrade. It’s a Toshiba though, lots of stuff that we have kind of left pretty much the way it was originally. I would think we might even have to overcome some problems just putting W7 on it.