Poll of the day: The Apple hype is over

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Poll of the day: The Apple hype is over[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2013/10/Apple-Logo-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Yesterday Apple reported its quarterly revenue and had to announce it sold less iPhones, iPad and Macbooks than the quarter before. The company’s revenue also decreased for the first time in 13 year. While the numbers are down, Apple still reported a revenue of $50.6 billion in the last quarter. Will the company last?

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/poll-day-apple-hype-79259/](http://www.myce.com/news/poll-day-apple-hype-79259/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Maybe we’re approaching the [S]Shoe[/S] [I]Shiny-thing[/I] Event Horizon?

I hope its over at last. One upon a time they were an interesting computer engineering company.

But alas the desire of the masses to be ripped off by large corporations shows no nigh of abating. So it’s probably just a sign of a saturated market, not a shrinking one.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2773288]Maybe we’re approaching the [S]Shoe[/S] [I]Shiny-thing[/I] Event Horizon? [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ibex;2773288] I hope its over at last. One upon a time they were an interesting computer engineering company.

But alas the desire of the masses to be ripped off by large corporations shows no nigh of abating. So it’s probably just a sign of a saturated market, not a shrinking one.[/QUOTE]
:iagree: - and they will have to compete with the rest, I think the holy church of Apple has collapsed :wink:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2773291]
:iagree: - and they will have to compete with the rest, I think the holy church of Apple has collapsed ;)[/QUOTE]
If only… But they’re now too big to fail.

If things get too bad they can just arrange a merger with the ‘Church’ of Scientology. Their business models would be a perfect match. :p:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2773299]If only… But they’re now too big to fail.

If things get too bad they can just arrange a merger with the ‘Church’ of Scientology. Their business models would be a perfect match. :p:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

They’re too big to fail ATM but would the world really end if Apple disappeared and people had to switch to Android? I suspect not.

Nokia had complete market dominance years ago and they managed to fail through not adapting so who knows?

Apple’s problem now is that they’re no longer the only kid on the block with the flashiest technology, so they need some new unique must have product to be able to recapture the market.

Whether they manage to come up with something or not remains to be seen but the next few years are likely to be critical to how things eventually turn out.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Apple has been more of a ‘new-religious’ movement with participants not even wanting to listen to facts. One musician I spoke to actually only looked at Apple hw/sw products.
Naturally I said that he should focus on the creative side, what he wanted to achieve musically and let that decision determine what had to be purchased and/or used, but oh no… MAC first, then creativity.

That was pretty much how it was all over, luckily it did change over the years and today you find the same casual user on this format as on any other.

As far as I see it, The trouble is caused mostly by total cost of ownership where Apple users had to fork out substantially more than others for both main devices, peripherals and more often than not software as well. High quality they said… Imo absolute rubbish, no better than anything else, not more secure, only used to be uninteresting as a target.
Now however, there are more than enough users and so say hello to the bad guys :flower:
It is not worse, compared to Windows 10 (too much surveillance) :disagree:, it may be preferable :iagree:, but it is still just a logo.
Responsible they say :confused:. What is so responsible about releasing a new iPhone too often. True responsibility would mean making your customer’s investment a good one, at least considering the price tag.

The entire general Phone hype is gone, and Apple users do not want to pay more, than Android users. Why should they? Divide the price of an iPhone by two or so (the years you will have it before the next iPhone generation is ready) and you get a pretty expensive result… :flower:

I predicted once the iPhone band wagon died down it would be the same anything and level off in purchases and market saturation levels.

I have an idea that has “never” been considered before: how about a small computational device with an open hardware layout that can be upgraded by the users? Since I’m the “first” person to think of this, I should charge an arm and a leg. After all, that’s all I ever make: “original” products based off of “original” ideas. I “invented” the GUI (Xerox Alto? What Xerox Alto? That’s just a myth!), I “invented” the mp3 player, I “invented” the smart phone, and I’ll “invent” some new thing in the near future.

So, how do you like my Apple impression?