Politicians are the same everywhere

vbimport

With the U.S. Presidential election almost upon us and the somewhat heated exchanges in some of the political threads, here’s something that perhaps we all can agree on…

For your amusement:
http://www.badongo.com/vid/869015

That is funny whether it is a real interview or not. It is like an Abbott and Costello skit. The guy on the left does have a point though. Considering all the tankers transporting tens of millions of barrels of oil every day the spill rate is incredibly low.

As a side note, it has been determined that the amount of natural oil and gas (especially that VERY nasty greenhouse gas methane) seeping into the oceans has been reduced by up to 50% in areas where off shore oil drilling is present. Just along California’s coastline this amounts to about a tanker full of oil every five years. It looks like whatever is spilled by the oil industry is more than offset by the reduced amount of natural seepage they prevent by drilling offshore. Here’s a link: http://www.ia.ucsb.edu/pa/display.aspx?pkey=412

@UTR,
You raise excellent points about the additional benefits of offshore drilling, aside from the obvious…economic, political and (dare I say) national security issues.
I have read about this, but to be honest, it found its way to the recesses of my mind and who knows when it would’ve emerged…:bigsmile:
Thanks for jogging my memory…and for the link.

It’s interesting to note that…
[I]"…The studies were not funded by oil companies, but rather by the University of California Energy Institute and the U.S. Minerals Management Service…"[/I]

Here’s a little diagram to illustrate the idea:

MAINEMAN
I think you guy’s are inhailing to much
snow up north. All politicians are the same?
Come on? The interview may have been faked,
but the guy was discussing excusse’s for an oil spill.
So let by gones,be by gones,and take a look at these
guy’s.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zap em;2146145]MAINEMAN
I think you guy’s are inhailing to much
snow up north. All politicians are the same?
Come on? The interview may have been faked,
but the guy was discussing excusse’s for an oil spill.
So let by gones,be by gones,and take a look at these
guy’s.
[/QUOTE]
ZAP, I have no idea what you’re talking about.
[I][B]Politicians are the same everywhere[/B][/I] is the text which appears at the end of the video…hence, the title of the thread.

I believe I said…

[QUOTE=maineman;2145918]…here’s something that perhaps we all can agree on…For your amusement:
[/QUOTE]
as in, I hope you find this video… satarizing politicians…amusing.

[QUOTE=zap em;2146145]So let by gones,be by gones[/QUOTE]
and this statement would refer to what…?
What the heck are [B]you[/B] smoking?

Seriously, do I have to explain the video to you?

MAINEMAN
I am aware of the title.I also know it’s about an oil
spill off the coast of AUSTRALIA. The title however is
misleading. All politicians are not the same,that was
my point. If it wasn’t your’s understood.
ZAP. P.S. THESE DAYS IVE BEEN SMOKING THIS.
WHAT I USED TO SMOKE IS ILLEGAL.:bigsmile::doh:

:bigsmile:HAHAhAHAHAhAhahahahheheheheheheh!! TWICE IN A ROW!!

Whew! Thanks so much, I needed that. I wanna go on that ride again right now! :clap:

and to UTR:… I dunno… I think more Monty Python than Abbott/Costello… very “Dead Parrot”-ish - :eek: “Helllooooooo, Polly!”:bigsmile:

Actually, historical precedent says Mccain could still win this

deanimator, if the above graphic is true then it shows that Obama is a horrible tic-tac-toe player. He should have won on his last play.

Nooo…
The last square he played was the top-right!

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2147582]Nooo…
The last square he played was the top-right!

:p[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is me that is the horrible tic-tac-toe player. :doh: