Political post

vbimport

Since we are getting more and more post that are political and name calling like you are a liberal or conservative. When I read what a liberal is below I think thats me and I am proud of it. Then I read what a conservative is and I say thats me also and I am proud of it.

The trouble is that Politicians that I have seen in my life time for both parties do not govern as liberalism or conservatism if they did we would not be in the shape we are now.

lib•er•al•ism

aoften capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b: a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c: a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties dcapitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party

conservatism

disposition in politics to preserve what is established b: a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically : such a philosophy calling for lower taxes, limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and individual financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage

I have the impression from the reactions of this forum that most people don’t care about American politics. We Americans argue like crazy about politics but are still united. I don’t think America can be called a race as there are too many diverse ethnic populations. I believe the same is true about the U.K. and other countries which have internationalized their populations. From what I have gleaned from this forum is a lot of Anti-Americanism. The unity from our country comes from what I believe is the best of the world trying to get this great experiment to work. I think the LHC as CERN is the most positive thing to come out of Europe in a long time. It also seems that Sarkozy is a great negotiator.

I also believe that after what I have gleaned from Americans posting here that out worst side has been exposed. Every country has one. I can’t wait for the election to be over. While it has pointed out to me that many Americans are “crying” and nobody else is, I believe is that we express ourselves differently. To people who think that no one cares about the political events in American I believe you are in the minority. International press has shown that the world is interested in itself. I don’t care if you don’t like us, but at least have an intelligent opinion as to why, instead of projecting your own insecurities or self loathing. Out political system needs a strong 3rd party, as I believe I am neither a Democrat or Republican, but definitely an American.

[quote=samlar;2125297]Since we are getting more and more post that are political and name calling like you are a liberal or conservative. When I read what a liberal is below I think thats me and I am proud of it. Then I read what a conservative is and I say thats me also and I am proud of it.

The trouble is that Politicians that I have seen in my life time for both parties do not govern as liberalism or conservatism if they did we would not be in the shape we are now.

lib•er•al•ism

aoften capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b: a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c: a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties dcapitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party

conservatism

disposition in politics to preserve what is established b: a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically : such a philosophy calling for lower taxes, limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and individual financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage[/quote]

I have to agree. Reading both I would have to say that I am both.
Maybe we can call ourselves the Liberal Conservatives?
Actually, I think I will call my self that.

Great Idea lets start a new party. What should we name it?

I’m drawing a blank on names. haha You have any good ideas?

No if you say peoples party then they will say it is Communist and independent is already taken.

Too bad independent is taken…
How about individualistic party?

not bad

I’ll keep brainstorming see if I can come up with something better.
But for now, individualistic party it is. :smiley:

[QUOTE=samlar;2125750]Great Idea lets start a new party. What should we name it?[/QUOTE]

Sheep - They will follow any well speaking politician when in fact nothing ever really changes.:slight_smile:

NoT bad you are probably correct it seems like they all say the things we want to here then do what best for them

Ya that’s true because when it comes down to it everyone looks out for whats best for them.

[QUOTE=hax0rth0r;2125773]I’ll keep brainstorming see if I can come up with something better.
But for now, individualistic party it is. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Reminds me of Monty Python’s ‘Life of Brian’.

Brian - “You are all individuals”.

Crowd (en masse) - “We are all individuals”. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]