Polish Site Firmware Warning

The Polish site has release a patch firmware of US0G for the 451S and 851S. Be warned that this firmware only contains the eeprom check removed and DOES NOT WORK on 451S or 851S.

This is very strange because they removed US0A after a short period of time and now they have added US0G which works even worse than US0A.

I got all excited thinking they had made a break through, but it was not to be… :sad:

US0G is NOT a firmware relase for the LDW-851S. It is a firmware release for the SOHW-812S.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

I know that but they have released it as a 415S-851S@812S which will mislead 451S/851S user into thinking they can use it.

Oh okay…

Problem is, nobody has found a way to safely convert an LDW-x51S to an SOHW-812S. I would not even attempt to do it until the Zebra Team come up with the goodies that we all love! :slight_smile:

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Originally posted by terminalvelocd
Problem is, nobody has found a way to safely convert an LDW-x51S to an SOHW-812S. I would not even attempt to do it until the Zebra Team come up with the goodies that we all love! :slight_smile:

I thought they had given up on this because of the hardware differences…

Hmm releasing something without proper testing… I guess you can say they haven’t “polished” it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Originally posted by Rimmer66
Hmm releasing something without proper testing… I guess you can say they haven’t “polished” it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lol!

@C0deKing

Yea, they have given up.

@all

The Polish guy doesn’t really seem to know what he’s doing. The early 411@811 mod by them didn’t work (b/c they took a very simplistic approach and didn’t bother with dealing with the inner guts), and it took Zebra to finally get it right with fixing calibration data and rechecksumming the eeprom. The Polish 451@851 mod is the only one that works, and that’s only because it’s such a simple mod that it’s hard to mess up (just disable 3 bytes for the eeprom check and you’re done… heck, all they needed to do was just run the FW through LDW851FP). Their 812 “mod” shows the same simplicity of their previous mods. As C0deKing pointed out, you could get the same results as their mod by just running a 812 FW through LDW851FP, which is a very simple approach–one that doesn’t work.