POLICY change, please read

As everyone has seen the Lite-On forum is a real mess now. This gave me 2 choices:

1: Not allowing any EEPROM /PATCH / CONVERTING discussion at all and wipe out everything about this. A good solution to stay safe, but would hurt the forum…

2: Change the policy to allow ltnflash and some discussion about it.

After some thinking and disussion with the other mods I decided to go for the second choice. (Hm I see that some other mods have already spoken about the policy change, damn them :D)

This means we are now allowing ltnflash and some discussion about it.

Notes:
1: Neither I nor anyone alse at cdfreaks is responsible for any damage to your drives due to the use of any information / programs found here.
2: Overclocking or doing other changes to your drive voids warranty. IF A DRIVE GETS DAMAGED - BE FAIR - THROW IT AWAY AND BUY A NEW ONE If you return a drive that is damaged by you for warranty repair/replacement – you will also lose my respect as well as the respect of the other moderators so do not expect any more help from us. REMEMBER: NONE OF US MODS GET PAID FOR DOING WHAT WE DO, AND IF WE GET TOO ANNOYED WE MAY JUST RESIGN AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Do you want that to happen?

Things you should not do here:
<a name=“EEPROMRULE”></a>
-Do not request EEPROM files. Every time we see someone requesting an EEPROM file we will say “Look there is another stupid fool that did something he should not have done”. Notice that EEPROM is individual for every drive (not only for every model), using an EEPROM from another drive will most likely cause problems like low writing quality so there is no need to request such files. Throw your drive away and BUY a new one! EEPROM requests will also just make the forum look bad/messed up so we may delete/remove such posts without warning if we feel that it’s the right thing to do.

This post is to be changed / updated whenever I or other mods wants…

Finally a reasonable policy. Closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped makes no sense. You were sending everyone over to www.dvdrbase.com where the 401@411 topic was being freely discussed without censorship.

I also agree that if someone screws up his drive, then he should bite the bullet and BUY a new one. Don’t hold Liteon financially responsible for one’s own carelessness.

THX for updating that policy,OC-Freak.
Discussing it,but not allowing anything else,was turning into a slap in the face for the average member/LiteOn user,who couldn’t get what was only available for a selected few.
LiteOn builds fine drives,I’m hooked since my LTR 24102B,and things like these overclocking abilities for most of their drives will only make it stronger…:smiley:

@ Tremo:the reason why dvdrbase decided to leave that thread uncensored,is because that way,everyone could benefit from it.

I also agree that if someone screws up his drive, then he should bite the bullet and BUY a new one. Don’t hold Liteon financially responsible for one’s own carelessness.

That about says it all.

I’ve found the “411s>811s” interesting, but I’ll only update to the
proper Firmware from LiteOn, and keep my warranty.

I find it interesting that one of the reasons that Liteon drives are/were so popular (the overclockability) has now been restricted, now that they are popular.

Over the entire time that liteon drives have been available, other drives have had the same/similar capabilities, similar prices, and similar support.

It just seems a little hypocritical that Liteon now forbids the use of tools which made their products so popular in the first place.

It seems to me that these tools were deliberately released as a marketing ploy, and that cdfreaks, and other CD writing forums have been used as unsuspecting carriers to drive the popularity of their products.

Perhaps I’m just cynical. But that doesn’t make me wrong.

That said, use of such tools is not the manufacturers problem, and should void warranty. And people shouldn’t take advantage of the manufacturers good will.

Yes, I agree… I’d never mod my orginal 411s :stuck_out_tongue:

And i’m not a newbie either…

Then again … I’m not loosing any money modding my 401s :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanx For the Help SHHHHHH!

Guess what i have already updated my 811s eeprom with my 411s and now it is working fine but it is still not 811 plus
it is pretty dumb not to allow people to request what they need!
Is it gonna hurt you if maybe i can achieve what i want?
yes i shouldnt have ruind my 2 days old drive with the program that i have got from here but i dont think that you would throw
away a 250 dollars worth of drive just because you are not allowed to get what you need in order to fix it!Thank you again

It seems to me that these tools were deliberately released as a marketing ploy, and that cdfreaks, and other CD writing forums have been used as unsuspecting carriers to drive the popularity of their products.

This in not a new thing friend…

Mod chips for high performance on street cars to illeagle passwords to pay websites. Lil taste of candy…then reel them in…it’s a chess game.

I saw in tiger direct’s latest print catlog they were offering a low end 4x no name all media dvd burner…part of the print…firmware upgradible?? Yes…:slight_smile:

Point is…ofcourse it’s a marketing ploy…and ofcourse…it’s kinda shady…but, it’s a chess game, and we can upgrade firmware.

That said…you hash your drive…any make…you bought it…you wrecked it…you fix it or buy new…no crying to momma…:slight_smile:

Then maybe you should go and buy yourself one of those drives zig zag cause i will fix mine smart ass!i guess if the battery dies in your car cause you left the lights on then you go and buy a new car right?

i guess if the battery dies in your car cause you left the lights on then you go and buy a new car right?

Actually…I’d just try and charge the old…if that crapped…I’d buy a new battery

i will fix mine smart ass

Beats being a dumbass…:slight_smile:

Bottom line?

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Do not request EEPROM files. Every time we see someone requesting an EEPROM file we will say “Look there is another stupid fool that did something he should not have done”.

There are warnings ALL over the place around here. If you messed up your drive don’t come complaining to us about it. You should have had the sense to make sure you knew what you were doing in the first place.
The whole reason the LiteOn didn’t want the tool to get out was because they knew that people would to wreck their drives. If you wrecked your drive, go buy another one, it’s not ours nor LiteOn’s fault.
You knew the risks, if you weren’t willing to buy another one you should have left your drive as is.

Personally, I’d be happy to burn DVD+/- at 4x, still burning at 1x here…not really seeing the need for speed…:slight_smile:

I’m happy with 4x and 4x media…
I just did a 401s@811s with zebra’s mod… it works better than before . hehehe

Haven’t modded the other 401s :stuck_out_tongue:

If it dies i’ll sell it to my sister ! lmao