Police arrest the operator of Immunicity and other proxies

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Police arrest the operator of Immunicity and other proxies[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/08/UK-Police-domain-shutdown-95x75.png[/newsimage]

In an updated report published on TorrentFreak, the Immunicity shutdown was the result of the UK police arresting its alleged owner, who then voluntarily agreed to transfer the domain along with several other proxies he operated to the police.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/police-arrest-the-operator-of-immunicity-and-other-proxies-72372](http://www.myce.com/news/police-arrest-the-operator-of-immunicity-and-other-proxies-72372)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

who then [B]voluntarily[/B] agreed
In the same way that people “voluntarily” hand over their valuables when held at gunpoint by a robber, I bet.

I suppose it’s all about efficient policing. Current thinking seems to be that any judicial process would just waste time and cost money. :rolleyes:

And speaking of money… Where is says “supported by”, do they mean ‘sponsored by’?

Their neighbours the Metropolitan Police receives lots of ‘corporate sponsorship’ - about £23 million in 2012 (plus all sorts of hidden ‘extras’).

More evidence of crony capitalism.

[B][I]Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may be exhibited by favoritism in the distribution of legal permits, government grants, special tax breaks, or other forms of state interventionism. Crony capitalism is believed to arise when business cronyism and related self-serving behavior by businesses or businesspeople spills over into politics and government, or when self-serving friendships and family ties between businessmen and the government influence the economy and society to the extent that it corrupts public-serving economic and political ideals.[/I][/B]

Kieron Sharp claims that these proxy websites and services are just as illegal as the blocked websites themselves as they allow users to circumvent the blocking measures put in place by the ISPs.

This is a big stretch by any ones imagination by any long shot. Claims so that all it takes now a claim? Claim from WHOM? This is what I like to know? If so illegal they whom is paying for this to be done? Proxy websites are there for whistle blowers or those wanting anonymity when they want security do report criminal wrong doing by Government officials.

If proxies are illegal, so are flash drives, as they could contain archived versions of websites. I guess CD’s, DVDs, and the “save as” feature most browsers have are also illegal. We should probably make basic encryptions, such as ssl illegal, since they make spying hard. Hell, while we’re at it, why not make the entire internet illegal? On the other hand, let’s make bullying tax-deductable, since the British government obviously thinks bullying is the right thing to do.

The police were assisted by FACT, a Hollywood backed anti-piracy organisation.
I guess we can consider it a solid fact that FACT is just another copyright vigilante group bribing the real police to let them get away with their “justice”. As for “backing”, I think this group [I]is[/I] Hollywood, as the people running FACT are likely employed directly by big companies like Sony.

Yet another demonstration by the British Police that while their nation has hundreds of years of constitutional law, they have no actual “Constitution”.

CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP of the POLICE?

That IMO seems just a bit “Slimy”… picked up from the slippery slope they are treading on…

Not to mention “Unethical” and the terms “Conflict of Interest” and “Undue Interest” come to mind

Don’t worry, I’m sure the British Authorities will be building a cyborg officer, who will realize he was (re)built by jerks. At that point his human brain will overpower the machine, and revolt in the name of the people.

Down with OCP!!!.