Polaroid BurnMAX48 beats Safedisc 2.5

I’m happy to report that the Polaroid BurnMAX48 beat Safedisc 2.5.x (Command& Conquer Renegade).
I used the CloneCD 4 game profileSafedisc 2.5.x (NO AWS). I used the Polaroid as reader and
was surprised at my read times. Disc 1 took 8:30 while Disc 2 took 8:45. I toggled with the
CloneCD read settings to see if I could get a little faster read time(s) but no luck there.
I installed from backups, rather from the original cd and the game plays just fine. Here is a
little more info about the PolaroidBurnMAX48 drive

CloneCD read capabilities:
Compatable with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatable with CloneCD RAW-DAO Simulation: Yes
Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatable with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatable with CloneCD RAW-SAO Simulation: Yes
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes

CloneCD write capabilities:
RAW-DAO
RAW-SAO+Sub
RAW-SAO
SAO

I hope to get a chance to copy Safedisc 2.8.x after Christmas (The Sims Unleashed)
Any links to hardware testing about this drive would be deeply appreciated :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

Always a great thing to here. You were able to copy C&C Renegade because you have a 2-sheep burner. Safedisc 2.5x is no problem for any two sheep burner.

a look at the CloneCD Help / Supported Writers would have been enough. :smiley:

Regards, Sven

It is a good notice; that writer has two sheeps. I have a friend that is selling the 40x model.

thks

Polaroid is LiteOn afaik

Alex,
Just curious if the Polaroid Safedisc read times (Safedisc 2.5.x) are equivilent to the LiteON 48x using CloneCD (C&C Renegade)?

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

They will certainly not be completely equivalent.

EDIT I was informed that they are BTC :Z