Plug spark and pc crashed

I have two problems one problem is where my laptop when I ever I rebot it, when ever it loads to the desktop, it always remains frozen, at best the mouse arrow may move but then freezes, and the whole pc crashes, and theres no point of turning it on, becuase I can get to any files on my laptop, any advice at all…

Second problem my Pc had a spark from my power supply plug, before I plugged in the plug to my pc there was a leaver with 230 number written on it, and pulled the leaver thought it could help my pc rebot problems but, put the

plug in the pc had a spark coming from it, and smoke coming form it near around the circuit board around near the fan, do you think its a short Circuit if so what parts or what should I do fix this problem any advice would very much appreciated…

The laptop may have any number of hardware problems, from a failing cooling fan on the cpu, to a bad hard drive, to bad memory, bad power supply…you get the picture. You’d be best off taking it in for repairs.

Your other problem is that you changed the input voltage on that power supply. Are you in the US? If so, you should have left it on 115 volts. Letting the magic smoke out is a very, very bad sign. You could have fried the motherboard, psu, memory or any peripherals plugged into the motherboard when you did that. Again, professional, hands on help is needed to diagnose this situation. And the outlook is not good.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2276701]Your other problem is that you changed the input voltage on that power supply. Are you in the US? If so, you should have left it on 115 volts. Letting the magic smoke out is a very, very bad sign.[/QUOTE]
I’m glad that PSU manufacturers are now smart enough to make multi-voltage compatible power supplies.

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen one of those little red voltage selector switches on a PSU. The PC was probably up for retirement anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I would just buy a new one instead of wasting money to fix it. They are going to milk you if you need a new HDD and or MB.