Ploblem with Lost season 2 disc 1

vbimport

New to the forum here so hi there. The problem I have is Lost Season 2 Disc 1, It keeps scanning nothing else happens so I not able to burn it on my hard drive. I burned Season 1 all disc no problem, all of the disc burned except number 1 need some information. Thanks :bigsmile:

It is not uncommon for a disc to be poorly stamped, if all the other discs played and riped fine, then I would try another disc.

i had the same problem, so i used my other program 123CopyDvd, and it worked, good luck wit that

[QUOTE=alan1476;2003094]It is not uncommon for a disc to be poorly stamped, if all the other discs played and riped fine, then I would try another disc.[/QUOTE]

Season 2 Lost is a friend of my wife’s, she purchased it, her daughter wanted it so I did for her so there is no other disc, season 1 never had a problem with just season 2 disc1, is there something else I can do? Thanks:iagree:

[QUOTE=johnnylove69;2003176]i had the same problem, so i used my other program 123CopyDvd, and it worked, good luck wit that[/QUOTE]

not familier with 123copydvd, is it another problem?

Same issue here with Disk 1 & 2. DVDFab got stuck in scanning mode, and when I quit it froze the program.

Interesting.

please disable pathplayer. if already disabled please enable pathplayer. this can be changed by opening dvdfab with your drive empty and click settings.

http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsPathPlayer

no lol its not another problem, its another program lol i got it at best buy for 20 bucks, it does a really good job as long as the disc isnt scratched up real bad, i always turn to it if dvdfab screws up an 98 percent of the time it gets the job done! lol:)

I did Lost season 2 yesterday and found that on two of the disk I had to select movie only and let it scan and then switch to full disk. It worked without further problems.
Pathplayer was enabled.

Won’t hurt to try it.

This solved the problem for me!

Thanks!

Had problems with this disc today. Tried enabling and disabling the path player but neither way works. It stalls at 83%.

Any ideas ?

[QUOTE=Terry T;2293358]Had problems with this disc today. Tried enabling and disabling the path player but neither way works. It stalls at 83%.

Any ideas ?[/QUOTE]

Try using Nero CD/DVD speed and use the Scan Disc tab to check for bad sectors

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2293371]Try using Nero CD/DVD speed and use the Scan Disc tab to check for bad sectors[/QUOTE]

What would that do exactly ?

I thought Nero couldn’t copy protected discs.

Anyway, I tried copying Disc 2 and DVD Fab wouldn’t even read the disc so I couldn’t even attempt a rip. When I watched the disc the last episode had problems playing. Skipped a few minutes about 3 times. Checked the disc for scratches but there were none.

Does the drive play any part in this ?. I’m using an IMac which is 2½ years old.

[QUOTE=Terry T;2294895][B]What would that do exactly ?[/B]

I thought Nero couldn’t copy protected discs.

Anyway, I tried copying Disc 2 and DVD Fab wouldn’t even read the disc so I couldn’t even attempt a rip. When I watched the disc the last episode had problems playing. Skipped a few minutes about 3 times. Checked the disc for scratches but there were none.

Does the drive play any part in this ?. I’m using an IMac which is 2½ years old.[/QUOTE]

The function of the scan disc tab in nero cd/dvd speed is for doing a scan of the playing surface to check for damaged and/or bad sectors which are un-readable by the drive/burner… :bigsmile:

I don’t think the discs are damaged as it’s happening on every disc.

Has anyone successfully copied these discs ?

[QUOTE=Terry T;2306360]I don’t think the discs are damaged as it’s happening on every disc.

Has anyone successfully copied these discs ?[/QUOTE]As I am a huge LOST fan I would not use DVDFab if there were any problems coping LOST.

So I dug out my orginal Season 2 disks and it copied disk 2 in less than 25 minutes.

DVDFab 6.0.2.2
IMGBurn 2.4.4.0

Season 2 disk 2 copies in 20:18

Try using the following settings:
read speed: 4
Write speed: 8
Bytes per Sector: 15
Max read speed: 16
Bits per bytes: 23
Variable byte: 42