Plexwriter Premium or PlexWriter 52/24/52A

Hello! I’m writing in from Singapore and would like to know is there a difference in burning audio CDs between the two? The PlexWriter 52/24/52A is manufatured in China while the Premium is from Japan. It costs double locally here so if there’s no difference I shall take the PlexWriter 52/24/52A. Please advise! Thanks!

Hello there,

the Plexwriter Premium has got great features like Gigarec (writes upon 1.2 GB on CD-R) and is capable to backup Securom protected-CDs on a unique, very compatible way. Buy the Premium, if you need some of this capablities.

If money is not an issue, go for the Premium. It has faster re-write speeds, larger buffer and supports SecuRec and Q-Check (quality measurements with the PlexTools software). Audio wise both drives will perform the same I think. They both support the VariRec audio recording mode…

Thanks to both of you for the reply. Just for the record, the Premium is selling double the price of the Plexwriter 52X. Everyone here wants the Premium badly but the distributor is trying to rip us off by selling at a ridiculous price. In the end, most opted for the Imation, LiteOn, TDK etc. My elder brother has the Plextor 24X and has just purchased the Mitsubishi 48X Sonic Azo Crystal Black Disc and the burning is great. Especially audiophile recordings. This is of course more revealing if the associated equipment is high end. None of the above brands can touch the Plextor. His hi-fi freaks friends have of course went on to purchase the Premium; well it’s peanuts to them considering the thousands spent. I plan to get this once I DIY my PC next month. Thanks!

http://www.boomhardware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=e8a8e6233d110aea6b05c1213405d8fd

Do you mean that this brand/type of CD has a lower jitter value and/or number of C1/C2 errors with respect to other brands? Or better compatibility
with CD players?

You know, a CD-R can’t play “better” than another if it is read correctly…
Uhm… probably thil will end in an off-topic…

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by xdr
My elder brother has the Plextor 24X and has just purchased the Mitsubishi 48X Sonic Azo Crystal Black Disc and the burning is great. Especially audiophile recordings. This is of course more revealing if the associated equipment is high end.
http://www.boomhardware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=e8a8e6233d110aea6b05c1213405d8fd

Originally posted by eltranquil a CD-R can’t play “better” than another if it is read correctly…
Uhm… probably thil will end in an off-topic…

To be more precise: if BOTH are read correctly…

Probably THIS will end in an off-topic…

:slight_smile:

ET

Hi! Sorry, I don’t quite understand your question. However, the audiophiles friends have tried other disc media but none can match the Mitsubishi for quality sound. Plextor, somehow loves this this media!

Sorry, I am italian and probably my english is bad.

The question of sound quality in digital audio CDs is a well known topic in Audio forums, but is clearly off-topic here.

Since I am interested in finding CD-R media that works well in non-computer audio equipments (home or car stereo), I will try to find this media and do some quality check, so thanks for your information.

Regards,

Marco

Originally posted by xdr
Hi! Sorry, I don’t quite understand your question. However, the audiophiles friends have tried other disc media but none can match the Mitsubishi for quality sound. Plextor, somehow loves this this media!

Just for the record. Can you get this media in your home country? It’s good, trust me.