Plexwriter Owners Look Here

:smiley:
I see all over the place that people are having problems burning the new SafeDisk with their Plex’s. Well I have had myne for about a week and have flawlessly burned every protection without a hitch, using Clone Cd.
Examples…Serious Sam 2, MohAA, Ballistics, Aliens vs. Predator, Max Payne, the list keeps going.
And I asure you they all work with out any fixed exe.'s or cracks.
I’m no cd burning proffesional but I am just telling you what has worked for me.
I have firmware Version 1.03 and use Clone Cd Version 3.3.4.1
Read and Write with the Plex.

READ SETTINGS…

Read Speed = Max
Don’t Report Bad Read Errors = Check
Read SubChannel Data From Data Tracks = Check
Read SubChannel Data From Audio Tracks = Check
Abort on Read Errors = Uncheck
Fast Error Skip = Check
Intelligent Bad Sector Scan = Uncheck
Read Retries = 5
Error Correction = None

BURN SETTINGS…

Write Speed = Max
Write Mode = Raw DAO
Buffer Underrun Protection = Check
Perform Laser Calibration = Uncheck
Don’t Repair Sub Channel Data = Check
Always Close Last Session = Check

There you go. I know alot of this is probably obvious just wanted to let people know what has worked for me. Believe it or not it actually works…For me. Not that this matters but I always use Memorex cd-r’s

:rolleyes:

hi

i have also made a back up copy of serious sam the second encounter with my plextor 24/10/40a BUT the game will only play in the plextor writer and WILL NOT play in the cd-rom have you also found this???

No I havn’t had this problem but I’v also only tried it in my Pioneer DVD drive and of course the Plex.

i have burnt every game under the sun, except sim golf, i recently puchased moh aa , havent tried to copy it… have you attempted to copy sim golf yet? my plex 24/10 is having poblems any suggestions would be greatly appreciated… BUrn the world :slight_smile:

I tried all of your settings on my plextor burner but it still doesn’t work. When did you buy your 24X? Maybe it’s a TLA thing

I havn’t tried Sim Golf, but I think it uses Safe Disk. So I wouldn’t think there would be any problems.

cambrian As I said above I bought my burner about a week ago.

What I find odd is that people with the same burner, same firmware, same Clone CD settings, and the same OS are not able to copy the same media.
I’m thinking maybe it has something to do with motherboard chipsets and how it tranfers data. My board has ALI what do you have cambrian?
Also I have the Plex as Master and my DVD drive as Secondary. Windows XP says my Plex is in PIO mode and my DVD is DMA. I don’t know why since it detects it in my BIOS as DMA, but it works and that’s all I care about.

if you are basing your success on the fact it reads in your pioneer dvd, you might be in for a wee bit of a surprise if you try this copy in another rom…

the pioneer has always had the ability to read plex’s imperfect safedisc copies

Well use the new Beta Blocker, that amlifies the weak sectors so your writer can burn it. You can even install updates, cus you havent changed anything. Trust me I have been there, and know my knowledge is usefull too some!

Greets from The Diplomat :smiley:

Well then lucky me for having two drives that read my burned disks that I am going to use for myself. That is my basis for success.

By the way just tried MohAA and Serious Sam 2 on my cheapo Digital Research 52x cd rom on my other computer and flawless.
Must be able to read the imperfections too. :slight_smile:

you are indeed lucky, almost blessed I’d say

sim golf has safe disk 2 newest version, i have used clony ! now my point is how do you use the beta blocker in english please use detailed information thanks guyz

Originally posted by Burner030
sim golf has safe disk 2 newest version, i have used clony ! now my point is how do you use the beta blocker in english please use detailed information thanks guyz

Use CloneCD to make an image of your SD2 game(ToFile Option)Tick the Fast Error Skip option, then click on Fast Error Skip Settings and set the retries to 3 and Error Correction too none, and make sure the read speed is x4. Once the image is complete, open up the Beta Blocker program, drop the CloneCD image into the window where is says drag and drop image and then click Scan Image, and then Patch Image. Close the program, and use the File2CD option in CloneCD, and browse for the patched image, and then burn @ x8 speed. For your info, you will be able to still install further updates to the game, as it won’t recognise the file has been patched because all you did was amplify the weak sectors so your writer can burn them, and thats it. You have changed nothing!

Hope that helps you

Greets from The Diploman :smiley:

thankyou, now can someone let me know where the best beta blocker is so i can download the most up to date program. this site rocks

But what happens when you have your patch beta blocker disc and want to copy it to a friend :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Burner030
thankyou, now can someone let me know where the best beta blocker is so i can download the most up to date program. this site rocks
You can download the new BetaBlocker for SD2.51 and the original BetaBlocker here.

i downloaded new beta blocker, now the ccd file wont work, i tried to drag the image and drop but no dice! S why does the image disappear when its dragged across the open beta blocker box, it tries to turn itself into a shortcut on the desk top, what am i doing wrong… i knew i should have stayed in college lol

You drop the *.img file, not the *.ccd file.

btw, how was it translated? I can’t crack the german version to translate it.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
btw, how was it translated? I can’t crack the german version to translate it.
By someone who did know how to crack/patch it :slight_smile: LOL