Plexwriter 8/20

Hi i have a chance to get a plex 8/20…i hear they can copy most anything…for $100.00 bucks…would like to know if its worth it?? thx in advance:cool:

For that kind of money you can get a newer drive (unless you talk about Australian dollars instead of US dollars), for example LiteOn, but I thing even a new plex 24 is cheaper than that…(Or hardly more expensive) and with the latest CloneCD you can do wonders (read the CloneCD forum for that)

Hi,

I have a plex 8/20 of April 99 and a Plx 8/2/20 TLA #0101 of June 99, and they cut new sd2 versions like butter (to 2.60.052 on Stronghold 1.2).
Buy that plex diamond, its quality of recording is better than lite-on recorders.
I have a Lite-on recorder 24/10/40 and I still prefer plextor drives

Thx for the info guys…i will get it …it isnt that much money and see what happens:D

Originally posted by Parker
[B]Hi,

I have a plex 8/20 of April 99 and a Plx 8/2/20 TLA #0101 of June 99, and they cut new sd2 versions like butter (to 2.60.052 on Stronghold 1.2).
Buy that plex diamond, its quality of recording is better than lite-on recorders.
I have a Lite-on recorder 24/10/40 and I still prefer plextor drives [/B]

Well not to start anything but… i would stay with lite-on over plextor since lite-on can copy all the newest safe disk v2 games and plextor cannot(in almost all cases), plus lite-on drives are ALOT cheaper.

also my lite-on drive does seem nice and reliable to, every cd-r i put into it works, and i burnt somewhere around 100-200 cd-r’s plus alot of times when i used a cd-rw to burn thing over and over to test things.

but i do hear that plextor drives in general are basically tha most praised recorders.

just my thought… and i think alot of people will agree with my “opinion” , unless money is not an issue.

But this would be the only Plextor that does Safedisc 2.51:D

Originally posted by maximino72
But this would be the only Plextor that does Safedisc 2.51:D
… without AWS :wink: Most new Plextor drives can do SD2.51 with ease when AWS is enabled…

yes, without AWS; I am lucky with that cd-recorder