Plextorshop is ready for pre ordering PX-716a and Px-716UF!

Plextorshop (USA and Canada) is pre-ordering the PX-716A/SW and the P-716UF/SW (Sterling Silver) Firewire/USB!!
http://www.plextorshop.com/searchresults.asp?dept_id=9

Maybe the Plextor’s (Europe) delay is shorter than one month? :rolleyes:

I hope! :bigsmile:

That’s good for them but I wouldn’t touch one with your ten foot pole…

Folks, to make sure that this drive is a good one, I would suggest to wait for FW 1.02 or for a professional review. Currently in fw1.00 and fw1.01 threads, I don’t see any 716a that can do a “king of quality” burn at 12x or 16x. Peace!

That’s good for them but I wouldn’t touch one with your ten foot pole…

I agree. I’ll wait until the drive drops in price and until Plextor fixes the bugs. I find it odd a company like Plextor puts out a $30.00 rebate on a product that is new. It’s as if they do not have the confidence that the 716a will do well on the market. There history has shown they offer rebates on older models when newer models are soon to be released. Oh! well I won’t be buying one anytime soon.

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER430 WATT
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA -133 PCI CONTROLLER CARD

Too bad that Plextor probably won’t send out any review drives until they’ve fixed the problems. So I think it will be a long wait before we see any reviews.

…yes, I understand and agree whit ya… :bow:
So, I’ll wait a professional review… :sad:
Are too many months… but I don’t wont change my target…
…Nec3500, Pioneer108, and many other are a good drives, but I don’t need 16x drive, I like the Px-708a and I write at 4x CLV mode for better quality anyway…
And I would a Plextor DL driver (also 4x CLV), all-in-one!

Thank you!
:slight_smile:

Soooo, we may “never” see a review… :slight_smile:

Nah, don’t be too pessimistic! I’m sure we will see it here eventually :wink:

Not trying to be pessimistic. Just not too optomistic on Plextor getting much right lately… Sure is a curious thing what’s going on lately…

I bought one at Best Buy and it doesn’t work. It will not recognize a single disc, DVD, CD, blank, burned or pressed. It is going back and I will never buy Plextor again. This isn’t uncommon to find a PX-716 that does not work.

Best Buy, Best Buy, Best Buy…

Are y’all a “Barry”, a “Jill”, or a “Buzz”? Or perhaps the dreaded “Demon”? Click

to find out which one YOU are!

:bigsmile:

I’m a Demon, of course, as I suspect most Plex owners are.

Er, “Devil”, not “Demon”.

Since Plextor stated that the initial run of these drives are fricked and will be doing a hardware fix and re-release, us in the USA will be getting the entire world supply that got recalled and will be sold here until gone. :Z

Yeah, you are probably right! Haven’t seen any “recalls” here. In fact the local Best Buy just keeps getting them in.

:a You and me too… Think i`ll get a RMA from Plextor and send them a pile of scape metal and plastic just to see how thay like it :bigsmile:

I’m sorry, I’ve done this thread only for let you know that plextorshop is preordering these drives (I know that there are many problems with the first revision of the Px-716a…) :sad: …and because I hope that Plextor can resolve this kind of situation as soon as possible.
When I’ve seen this preorder in Plextorshop I was too optimistic, and I’ve think that a solution it was not so far, for all that have bought it and for me (and other) who want to see and test a “perfectly normal” drive.
Now, I don’t think is possible to have a “King Of Quality” yet, but only have a Plextor Drive, who can work properly.
By the way, if these drive really need an hardware modification I hope plextor recall these drives BEFORE "RE-"RELEASE a new revision; also in Europe some dealers have had this drive early (I think bought in US, I don’t know how).

Mail-in rebate?!?!?!? :Z
Let’s do a better drive, first! :a

BestBuy in Charlotte, NC had the 716UF in stock yesterday afternoon, but I didn’t notice the price. On the BestBuy website it’s $229.99.

The past several times I’ve been in the Pineville BestBuy store, they were completely out of the Plextor drive. Doesn’t bother me too much since I’m not getting one, but ppl sure are snatching them up very quickly.