Plextor's Support Sucks

vbimport

After my returned 12/10S from Plextor for repair, I can no longer use NTI or MP3 CD Maker, they both lock up when I start to burn and this is just burning data files, not protected material … I called Plextor Tech support and they told me that they had never heard of NTI and suggested that I try Nero… I also mentioned that the repaired drive had a different TLA #, but the tech said that should have no effect on burning since no warning lights on the Plextor did not flash to indicate a hardware problem…

I did install Nero and it does work fine… But I want NTI and MP3 CD Maker to work also… Any suggestions…

I am running Windows 2000 with sp2…

Thanks,

Speedman…:frowning:

Originally posted by speedman
But I want NTI and MP3 CD Maker to work also… Any suggestions…
Yes: don’t blame it on Plextor… Like you said Nero works fine so the problem lies with NTI and MP3 CD Maker. Check their sites for updates or try to re-install them. Maybe they lock up because your do have a different burner…

Update to my first post regarding Plextor not working correctly after receiving my repaired 12/10s back from Plextor… I mentioned that Nero was working fine, but my first and only successful burn with Nero was burning a small data burn of only 7.53 mb … But I spoke to soon because now I just tried backing up my Windows 2000 disk using Nero and at 10% into the burn my system just hangs, just like NTI did…I can’t get a log report because of the lock up on my system…

I might add that when I requested my RMA # from Plextor it took exactly 7 days to receive my RMA #, and that took 5 phone calls to Plextor to get the #… They said their computers were down… The turn around time after the unit was sent in was just over 2 1/2 wks., no real complaint with that, but the RMA# come on Plextor, that’s just not right…

Anyway I have reinstalled all my burning software, but no successful burns with any of the software on my 12/10s:(… My other burner is working just fine, Toshiba SD-R2002 built into my Dell Inspiron 8000…