PlextorPX-2410A+GTA3(Sd2.51.021)=Success!

vbimport

I m sure its been mentioned before somewhere on this forum but I think its

worth mentioned since I didnt quite succeeded in backing up MOHAA (I could

only use it in my Plextor using "Hide CDR Media")...
My settings for GTA 3 (using 700MB no name CDRs) are these :
Read: max
Read settings, Fast error skip, read retries: 5
Error correction: NONE
Read subchannel data from data tracks: checked
Read subchannel data from audio tracks: checked
Audio extraction quality: best (slowest)
Fast skip error: on
Regenerate Data Sectors: ON
Everything else UNCHECKED!

Write settings: RAO DAO
Write: max
Buffer underrun protection: checked
AWS(Amplify weak sectors): unchecked
Don't repair subchannel data: checked
Always close last session: checked

Did you try it default GAME Settings of clonecd too?

I would like to say…only partially perfect backups because in some drives do not work even with AWS enabled.

I didnt actually used the default schemes of CloneCD4,just the setting I wrote on my first post…
Well,so far the game plays ok on my Hitachi GD-7500 DVD and a friends Toshiba DVD drive…
What made me think twice abt the whole thing though was that the cd I copied was already a back up cd and NOT the original disk…But still the scaeers Safedisk Analyzer And Clony XXL said it was Safedisk 2.51.021…
So,is it still a matter of Plextor and CCD 4 getting it right or not ?!? I m not sure now…
Nikitas.

I hate to say it but the settings look kind of familiar:

[I]Read settings, Fast error skip, read retries: 5
Error correction: NONE
Read subchannel data from data tracks: checked
Read subchannel data from audio tracks: checked
Audio extraction quality: best (slowest)
Fast skip error: on
Regenerate Data Sectors: ON
Everything else UNCHECKED!

Write settings: RAO DAO 
Write: max 
Buffer underrun protection: checked 
AWS(Amplify weak sectors): unchecked 
Don't repair subchannel data: checked 
Always close last session: checked[/I] 

It looks similar to the settings from old posts dating back when SD2.51.021 first came out and people were freaking out. If I am correct , there were people who posted that they got working backups of MOH:AA by enabling the reading of subchannel data from both audio and data track and by enabling the “Don’t repair subchannel data” in the write settings. Of course, we all know that these settings don’t work (right?). My suggestion is to use the latest BetaBlocker if using AWS does not work (or use a Safedisc unwrapper if all else fails, although I am not quite sure about the legality of these programs).

Yes indeed. The games don’t have any SubChannel Data so there’s no point in reading it. Personally I’ve had success with GTA3 in both the Plex 40x and PleXCombo PX-320A when AWS was enabled. The back-ups worked in every drive I tested (of course when playing from a writer the ‘Hide CDR Media’ option has to be enabled).

Pirate80 is right…i found the settings which were obviously posted before I did my backups.
Anyway,at least i tried to help some ppl…
Hope the new CCD will help us Plextor users backup SD2.51+ in the future without so much hussle…
Nikitas.