Plextor writing limit?

vbimport

Hi !!

First I should say Plextor support here in Belgium has been really great (for me) so far :slight_smile:
Yesterday problems started, i mailed plextor, got a reply today and they already came pick up the drive today !!

Now my question ...
a friend told me if you have burned too much cd's (he claims there is internal counter in your drive) your warranty could be gone :frowning:
One plextor website there is written:

This warranty is void if
a. the device is operated or stored under abnormal use and maintenance conditions;

so .... nothing mentioned about max cd to burn .... but perhaps writing more than 700 cdr in 5 months isnt really normal use :wink:

Also problem i have is a eject problem ... so that doesnt really have much to do with the writing ...

So anyone here knows of a writing limit ??
I can believe there is an internal counter cause i work in a Philips factory atm and they have a built in counter too in their tv's (with the total hours ure tv played)

Thanks for any reply's

Grtz :wink:

Never heard of one. The warranty is like a year right? Well I doubt anyone’s drive will breakdown physically in that time, most people’s problem here is solved through software, hardware problems are a lil rare. So I doubt you’ll have to ever send your drive in. And this could just be a rumour, like the one about Plextor 24x drive’s firmware being unable to copy games after 1.02, which was completely false. So you shouldn’t worry about this.

As for your ejection problem, I doubt its anything serious. Plextor drives seems to all have a lil with ejections, like being slow, some report hearing clicks n etc etc. So its probably more of an annoyance then an actual problem.

Hope this helps,
DFourthHorseman

thanks … lets hope ure right, hope i get my plex back soon cause me harddrives are filled with divx !! :wink:

Lol. Same here, tons of MP3s and AVIs of anime and movies. What do you mean you hope to get it back soon anyways?

DFourthHorseman

Originally posted by Tr!n!
thanks … lets hope ure right, hope i get my plex back soon cause me harddrives are filled with divx !! :wink:

And offcourse they are all about family parties and so :wink:

What do you mean you hope to get it back soon anyways?

Its broke and they came to collect and repair it …

And offcourse they are all about family parties and so

sure … and some backups of my dvd’s aswell :wink:

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
The warranty is like a year right?
For Europe and The Middle East and Africa it’s two years for newer Plextor models :wink:

yea idd 2 years but do you know something about the built-in counter ?

got the drive back repeared yesterday :slight_smile:
so i only had to miss it 6 days … pretty impressive eh ?

Now Burn Baby Burn :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Tr!n!
Now Burn Baby Burn :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice song from Ash :slight_smile: