Plextor W1210A Experiences

I bought the new Plextor W1210A two days ago. And it is a great burner. But I have difficulties using it with PacketCD and DirectCD. With PacketCD I just can’t get the speed up to 10x. And DirectCD won’t work bcoz it doesn’t support this new drive. Any ideas about what to do to get the CDRW speed up? Is PacketCD or DirectCD best?

the drive is just too new for it to be supported. you need to keep checking back at adaptec’s website for driver updates.

and for you second question: directcd is a more robust program, but packetcd is also good. just don’t use ahead incd - it really isn’t very good at all.

So does the 12/10/32 support DAO RAW “CloneCD”, or not?

Greg

It says on the Plexor web site it will work with Direct CD IF you have the 4.02c patch applied and the 3.01 update.
I would love to know because I want to purchase one if it will work with this software. I have the Adaptec EZCD Creator 4.0 and all the patches to get it up to these specs.
http://www.plextor.be/english/technical/recsoft.asp?sort_by=Manufacturer&Model=PX-W12 10TA

Also I want to know what is the difference between a PX-W1210A and a PX-W1210TA?

If you get it working with these updates will you please e-mail me and let me know.

gbiddle@HiWAAY.net

[This message has been edited by gbiddle (edited 28 June 2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GregL:
[b]So does the 12/10/32 support DAO RAW “CloneCD”, or not?

Greg[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure… I use CloneCD with my Plextor W1210A and it works great. I burn at 10x and 12x and it works great in DAO RAW mode. I can warmly recommend this drive.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gbiddle:
[b]It says on the Plexor web site it will work with Direct CD IF you have the 4.02c patch applied and the 3.01 update.
I would love to know because I want to purchase one if it will work with this software. I have the Adaptec EZCD Creator 4.0 and all the patches to get it up to these specs.
http://www.plextor.be/english/technical/recsoft.asp?sort_by=Manufacturer&Model=PX-W12 10TA

Also I want to know what is the difference between a PX-W1210A and a PX-W1210TA?

If you get it working with these updates will you please e-mail me and let me know.

gbiddle@HiWAAY.net

[This message has been edited by gbiddle (edited 28 June 2000).][/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tip gbiddle… I’ll try it later today. I tried to upgrade DirectCD 2.5d to 3.01, but that wouldn’t work. I’ll mail you to let you know how it went. By the way; I can strongly recommend you to buy the W1210A. I’m VERY happy with it. I tried to force it to get a buffer-underrun. But I couldn’t get it to crash. I put on Diskdefragmenting, Word, Excel, etc. etc. and it still blasted away at 12x…

Best regards HiTCHEr

You are aware that the PlexWriter 12/10/32 comes with Adaptec EZ CD Creator, Direct CD and PlexManager 2000. Just get the drive and get the software automatically!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LostTemple:
You are aware that the PlexWriter 12/10/32 comes with Adaptec EZ CD Creator, Direct CD and PlexManager 2000. Just get the drive and get the software automatically!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No… my Plextor came bundled with WinOnCD Standard 3.7. Not EZCD… And PlexManager 2000 doesn’t work with the 12/10/32. Plextools 1.05 does however.