Plextor px-w5224TA/SW with feurio

vbimport

I just bought the plextor px-w5225ta/sw burner, installed it and then came to realize that there is no driver available for this. I went to feurio’s site and the only one i can see that is supported is the plextor premium. I can’t wait till they realease a driver for this drive, so is there a soultion for me or should i just go out and buy the premium?

thanks in advance.

Are you sure about the drive’s model? I ve never heard of a px-w5225ta/sw, but i do know the px-w5224ta/sw. If so, what do you mean by “no-driver available”?
If you mean that theres no driver available so that the drive is recognized by the OS, thats because it aint necessary to have a driver for that.
If you meant that your drive aint supported by the software you use for burning CDs (that would be Feurio?), all i can suggest is that you download the latest version. If it does support Premium i see no reason why it wouldnt support yours, since they have been released at almost the same time a few months ago.

If this doesnt work, you can always use temporarily another software for burning (Nero, NTI. Easy CD etc)

Originally posted by joso__g

I just bought the plextor px-w5225ta/sw burner, installed it and then came to realize that there is no driver available for this.
I can’t wait till they realease a driver for this drive, so is there a soultion for me ?

Well, unfortunately your drive hasn’t been supported by Feurio! yet.

First of all, read this one > [COLOR=blue]My CD writer is not recognized!

You need to download and install the latest update, i.e. The Feurio!-Writer update, version 1.66.5

When in Feurio! CD-Writer goto :

‘Writer settings’ tab > click on ‘Info’ > ‘Driver’ tab in ‘Properties of’ window > click on ‘Select driver’ >
The Generic MMC driver should work fine.

The path is shown below :

Hopefully this can come in handy.[/COLOR] :smiley:

thanks boSkin, i will give it shot.