Plextor PX-W4012A copy problems

vbimport

I just bought a New plextor cd drive that I am trying to use with Clonecd. I havent been able to get it to work so far. I am trying to burn Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Warcraft 3. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Echomikedelta
I just bought a New plextor cd drive that I am trying to use with Clonecd. I havent been able to get it to work so far. I am trying to burn Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Warcraft 3. Any help would be appreciated.

use ClonyXXL to know what kind of protection is fitted in the CD…

I can tell you that RTCW has no protection and warcraft3 has the latest securom protection which quite a few people are having trouble with. You should read and write the sub channels with any securom protection, also dont repair the subchannel data. Give it a go and let us know how it goes.
oh yeah if you are using ccd4 just select gamecd profile.
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I burnt a copy of WC3. I installed it then clicked on play, and the beginning movie came up just fine. Then I lost video, but could hear the sounds. Any answers???

I want to say thanks to MRJoshua for the help. With the settings he recommended, I burned and exact copy of Warcraft3.
Thanks again

It seems I dont have the proper copy, I dont understand. It runs fine on my first computer, but it doesnt work on my second. there is no video. I updated the driver but it doesnt want to work. Any answers will be appreciated.

Are u using the same drive on your second puter? if not what make of drive is it? dvd? cdrom? cdrw?
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I found out that it was indeed my video driver that is causing the problem. I tried the original copy of WC3 on my new computer and it is even missing the video. So my thanks to you once again.