Plextor PX-W2410a makes "near" perfect copy of C&C Renegade

vbimport

Just burned a "near" perfect copy of Command& Conquer Renegade with my Plextor PX-W2410a. Here are the settings I used. Both discs (disck-1, game disc), (disc-2, data disc) were read with my Plextor PX-W2410a.

Read: max
Read settings, Fast error skip, read retries: 3
Error correction: SOFTWARE
Read subchannel data from data tracks: checked
Read subchannel data from audio tracks: checked
Audio extraction quality: best (slowest)
Fast skip error: on
Everything else UNCHECKED!

Write settings: RAO DAO
Write: max
Buffer underrun protection: checked
AWS(Amplify weak sectors): checked
Don't repair subchannel data: checked
Always close last session: checked

What do I mean by "near" perfect copy? Allow me to explain. The backup ONLY plays in my Plextor PX-W2410a drive WITHOUT "Hide CD-R media" checked. The other strange thing here is when I went to play the game, game ask me to insert data disc (disc-2), and when I did, pc crashed everytime. Next time I clicked cancel, and I was able to play the game with success.
Strange hey?
note Firmware 1.04, TLA#: 0202
Used CloneCD 4.0.1.6 on O/S WindowsMe

Shoebedobedoo:D

Backup failed to run on my Toshiba SD-M1502, Matshida SR-8586. and LG GCE8240b drives. Any Plextor engineers care to comment on this and explain why backups won’t play? Backup ONLY plays on the Plextor PX-W2410a drive.

Shoebedobedoo

yo Shoebedobedoo the plex 24x10 isnt able to make perfect copies of sd 2.51.0xx games, if you got it running on your plex without “hide cdr media” you were just lucky
try using this settings:

Read: max
Read settings, Fast error skip, read retries: 5
Error correction: NONE
Read subchannel data from data tracks: checked
Read subchannel data from audio tracks: checked
Audio extraction quality: best (slowest)
Fast skip error: on
Regenerate Data Sectors: ON
Everything else UNCHECKED!

Write settings: RAO DAO
Write: max
Buffer underrun protection: checked
AWS(Amplify weak sectors): unchecked
Don’t repair subchannel data: checked
Always close last session: checked

i was able to make a backup of mohaa that worked with a generic cdrom drive and with a LG DVD DRD8120B and on my plex with hide cdr media on, see if it works for you too (probably not with the tosh)

later

ssjkakaroto,
Backup failed but it was well worth the effort.

Shoebedobedoo:cool:

sorry i couldn’t help man :frowning:

C&C Renegade backs up great with my Plextor 401240a, just using the CloneCD game settings, slow, but worked…good job cus the backup is now scratched to fook:D

Bartman:cool:

Bartman i think the 40x plex is able to copy sd 2.51.xx but the 24x isnt

I made also a “near” perfect copy of my original C&C renegade with a PXW2410a.
the CD would play on:
Plextor 32x SCSI drive…
Hitachi 12X DVD (I can’t remember which model is it…)
Pioneer 16X DVD (the one with the tray)
CD-R Media hiding was disabled (some PCs didn’t even have CLONECD on them).
used Clonyxxl 2.06 settings and CloneCD 4.0.0.1 to burn
a few weeks later the CD stopped playing on the Hitachi DVD…still works on others…
TLA#: 0202
Firmware : 1.04
used Datasafe CD (24X) --> I think Princo is making the CDs but the label is from DataSafe

I made a “perfect copy” too.

Plex 24 TLA#0000 Firmware 1.04 with CloneCD 4.0.1.6.

I use the default GAME settings and it works in my Plex and DVD-ROM Pioneer model 116 , but not in my LG cd-rom .:confused: :confused:

:bigsmile: [QUOTE]I made a perfect backup copy of Renegade C&C that has safedisc 2.51 for the second cd and for the first cd SD2 with mySony crx175A 24/10/40 firmware 2.0h and used the AllClone 4 Profile provided by G@M3FR3@K! thanxs! I read it at MAX then I WRITE at 10x using the profile SafeDisc 2.51(AWS). The version I was using is CloneCD 4.0.1.10.[/QUOTE