Plextor PX-Premium/SW 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive questions

Alright i have a few questions about the Plextor PX-Premium/SW 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive, 8MB, Retail
Specifications:
Write Speed: 52X CD-R,32X CD-RW
Read Speed: 52X CD-ROM
Interface: E-IDE (ATAPI)
Buffer: 8 MB
OS Support: Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP, Mac compatible (software not included)
Features: Buffer Underrun Proof

Now… from what i read this does securom4.8 flawlessly correct? and if it does what do i need to do it (software wise?)
I also wanna know what this drive cannot do?.. I mean i have 2 lite ons and a LG…
i want this drive so i can make backups of my securom 4.8 games and such…
So what cant this drive do and what can it do… ?
Oh and also… is there any model number i should look for or anything like that?
Alright thank ya much
~Klaxx~

Originally posted by Klaxx
[B]Alright i have a few questions about the Plextor PX-Premium/SW 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive, 8MB, Retail
Specifications:
Write Speed: 52X CD-R,32X CD-RW
Read Speed: 52X CD-ROM
Interface: E-IDE (ATAPI)
Buffer: 8 MB
OS Support: Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP, Mac compatible (software not included)
Features: Buffer Underrun Proof

Now… from what i read this does securom4.8 flawlessly correct? and if it does what do i need to do it (software wise?)
I also wanna know what this drive cannot do?.. I mean i have 2 lite ons and a LG…
i want this drive so i can make backups of my securom 4.8 games and such…
So what cant this drive do and what can it do… ?
Oh and also… is there any model number i should look for or anything like that?
Alright thank ya much
~Klaxx~ [/B]

it can 1:1 securom flawlessly, with no stupid twin sector or emu crap. use blindwrite 4.5.7 to make and burn the image.
the limitiations that i have seen:
the premium can only do 4x speed when writting securom, because of the way varirec is. burnproof is disabled but the 8mb buffer is good enuf for the burn…
also, plex premium can not do sd 2.9+ perfectly. it only work in the plex premium if u copy a sd 2.9+ title with it. use ur lg/liteons for safedisc.

there’s only one model number to look for. I use firmware 1.03 on it, u cant use anything lower than 1.03 for securom copying. i never tried anything higher, as they say “if it works, dont mess with it.”